We tried to walk a sometimes difficult tightrope. Most men are like me, they struggle and doubt They trouble their minds day in and day out Too busy with livin' to worry about A little word like love. It's pretty disappointing, but you know, I've learned to go on. Courtesy of the RCA Records label of BMG Music. This song has been recorded by many artists, including Jimmy Dean, Elvis Presley, and Dave Dudley. That's stronger than love, Most men are like me, they struggle and doubt The Man, His World, His Music, Kindred Spirits: A Tribute to the Songs of Johnny Cash, Dressed in Black: A Tribute to Johnny Cash, Walk the Line: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, We Walk the Line: A Celebration of the Music of Johnny Cash, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=A_Thing_Called_Love&oldid=966366574, Albums produced by Larry Butler (producer), Short description is different from Wikidata, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, The Evangel Temple Choir – background vocals, Don Tweedy – arrangement on "Tear Stained Letter", This page was last edited on 6 July 2020, at 18:16. The last thing you're left with is that he is dead, even though the character is alive ... (The movie) was supposed to be bittersweet, but it turned out being more bitter than sweet."[5]. The film was Phoenix's final complete screen performance before his death. "A Thing Called Love" was re-recorded by Cash for Classic Cash: Hall of Fame Series (1988), while "Tear Stained Letter" was reprised on American I… It had a hopeful quality and now it doesn't. Ever since time, nothing's ever been found, That's stronger than love. But I saw him crying like a little whipped pup "Jerry Reed, 71; Musician Was Also 'Smokey' Sidekick", "Jimmy Dean Chart History (Hot Country Songs)", "Johnny Cash Chart History (Bubbling Under Hot 100)", "Johnny Cash Chart History (Hot Country Songs)", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=A_Thing_Called_Love_(song)&oldid=959252961, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 27 May 2020, at 21:05. It can lift you up never let you down But one day, it was freezing cold and the other day, he took some kind of cold medicine that didn't agree with him. Kyle joins them as Linda Lue leaves for New York, and the remaining three discuss writing a song together. While the film involves a love triangle and various complications in Miranda's route to success, it provides a sweetened glimpse at the lives of … Johnny Cash with His Hot and Blue Guitar! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. As she holds her young close to her breast The title song, written by Jerry Reed, was released successfully as a single (with "Daddy" as the B-side), reaching No. James leaves Miranda behind to make his album, what he always wanted to do, but realizes he left his heart with her. The title song, written by Jerry Reed, was released successfully as a single (with "Daddy" as the B-side), reaching No. The record was Cash's biggest hit in Europe, charting in Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands. "[6], The film features cameos from Trisha Yearwood, Pam Tillis and Kevin Welch.River Phoenix wrote two songs including "Lone Star State of Mine"; Dermot Mulroney wrote one, and Sandra Bullock wrote lyrics for the song she performed. This thing called love. Performed by Dennis Robbins. He was concerned with more than his own role. Morning Call; Allentown, Pa. [Allentown, Pa]13 Feb 1994: F01. That was what I was told. This song has been recorded by many artists, including Jimmy Dean, Elvis Presley, and Dave Dudley. That long, blond hair, those eyes of blue, Those ruby lips and legs so long, baby. Bitter Tears: Ballads of the American Indian, Johnny Cash Sings the Ballads of the True West, Carryin' On with Johnny Cash & June Carter, Johnny Cash Sings the Songs That Made Him Famous, All Aboard the Blue Train with Johnny Cash, 16 Biggest Hits: Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash, Man in Black: His Own Story in His Own Words, Johnny Cash! But I saw that giant of a man brought down The Thing Called Love is a 1993 American comedy-drama film directed by Peter Bogdanovich and starring Samantha Mathis as Miranda Presley, a young musician who tries to make it big in Nashville. This thing called love It can lift you up never let you down Take your world and turn it around Ever since time nothing's ever been found That's stronger than love. I guess that is the thinking that prevailed. The title song was covered by Elvis Presley on his 1972 album He Touched Me. "A Thing Called Love" is a song written and originally recorded by Jerry Reed in 1968. The Thing Called Love is a 1993 American comedy-drama film directed by Peter Bogdanovich and starring Samantha Mathis as Miranda Presley, a young musician who tries to make it big in Nashville. [4], Bogdanovich says Phoenix approached Paramount to appear in the film. River Phoenix, Dermot Mulroney and Sandra Bullock also star. "He was brilliant to work with," said the director. The record was Cash's biggest hit in Europe, charting in Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands. You've got the goods, You're holdin' big time. To his knees by love, He was the kind of man that would gamble on luck Longsdorf, Amy. In 1971, the song was recorded by Johnny Cash and it became a #1 country hit in Canada. The movie ultimately ranked among the least profitable films of 1993. Six foot six he stood on the ground "There were maybe two days during the 60-day shoot that I felt he wasn't as together as he was on other days. It can lift you up, Never let you down, Take your world and turn it all around, Ever since time, nothing's ever been found, That's stronger than love. A Fool Such as I Written by Bill Trader Performed by Colleen Camp Courtesy of Ray Ratt and Oak Productions . The film was to have been directed by Brian Gibson but in September 1992 he left the project to make What's Love Got to Do With It? "[5], The director felt the death of Phoenix affected watching the movie. Johnny Cash with His Hot and Blue Guitar! A Thing Called Love Written by Jerry Reed (as Jerry Reed Hubbard) Performed by Johnny Cash Courtesy of Mercury/Nashville by arrangement with Polygram Special Markets . A little word like love, But when I see a mother's tenderness Because of love, You can't see it with your eyes, hold it in your hands A Thing Called Love is the 39th overall album by country singer Johnny Cash, released on Columbia Records in 1972 (see 1972 in music). Bitter Tears: Ballads of the American Indian, Johnny Cash Sings the Ballads of the True West, Carryin' On with Johnny Cash & June Carter, America: A 200-Year Salute in Story and Song, Johnny Cash Sings the Songs That Made Him Famous, All Aboard the Blue Train with Johnny Cash, 16 Biggest Hits: Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash, Man in Black: His Own Story in His Own Words, Johnny Cash! Look you in the eye and never back up Looking for a Thing Called Love. Elvis had been dead for two years before one day in the bathtub, in a hotel, on tour Freddie started reciting guitar chords randomly then asked his roadie to get him a guitar immediately. This thing called love 2 on the country album charts.

Born Basic Hand Sanitizer Safe, Places In Takoradi, Godiva Dark Chocolate Orange, How Long To Cook Crab Legs, 6 Inch Led Light Bar For Motorcycle, Hazelnut Instant Coffee Jar, M3/hr To Ft3/hr, Tigi Small Talk How To Use, Finding Normal Movie Wikipedia, Campbell River River Fishing, Made Good Cookies,