This recipe contains in inordinate amount of walnuts (1 full cup, where most banana nut muffin recipes call for a mere ¼ or ½). Step 4: Add in chocolate chips or walnuts (the best part!!) Your email address will not be published. Yes you can. Highly recommend!! , I’m so glad! Thanks for sharing this quick, inexpensive and delicious recipe. Stir in the flaxseed mixture. Hi Courtney, I’m so glad you loved the muffins! Thank you so much, Jazmin! I don’t have enough bananas to increase that unfortunately either! We made them as a nice treat or pudding and we enjoy them warm, cut in half with some added peanut butter. Portion into the muffin liners. Hi Allie, I haven’t tried this recipe with only almond flour, but I usually have success with 1/2 almond flour and 1/2 regular flour. All rights reserved. They’re moist, fluffy, and filled with spiced banana flavor. Can’t wait to make these! Chia could work but I haven’t tested it that way, so I’m not exactly sure the amount. (milk, bananas…?) These are great! I hope you enjoy! I also sub gluten free flour. Yum! Even if you have never baked a thing in your life, I promise you can make these muffins. They are filled with flavor & the are so simple to quickly mix up. I made a batch of these last night, as it was one of those recipes that pops up right when you have just those exact ingredients on hand. Turned out great! These healthy banana muffins are soft, fluffy, and full of spiced banana flavor. healthy banana bread muffins, healthy banana muffins. I’m sure the blueberries were such a delish addition! It also reminded me to go to Amazon and review the cookbook. I always let my bananas ripen a littttle to long and this is a great way to use them up! They looked great . I grab a big bunch of bananas every time we go, but we never finish them all before they become soft, speckled, and far too ripe to eat on their own. If so, it’s possible that they could have baked a little longer. OMG these muffins were by far the best banana bread recipe we’ve made all lockdown. However, as long as your bananas aren’t green, you can make this muffin recipe. Perfect with coffee for breakfast. Thanks! Have you tried this with almond flour by chance? document.removeEventListener('mousemove',loadFc0a5) It doesn’t always replace eggs perfectly but I like to post about it when it does! Let cool 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling. New go-to recipe. I thought the ratio for flax eggs is 1 tbsp ground flax to 3 tbsp water. document.removeEventListener('mousemove',loadFc30b) These healthy banana muffins are delicious plain, but they’re also great with all sorts of mix-ins. *If you’re not vegan, and you prefer to bake with eggs, use 2 eggs instead of the flaxseed and water mixture. I love the nuts’ deep, toasty flavor and crunch, but if you are not as nut crazy as we are, you can certainly reduce that amount or omit them. xoxo. These were great and super easy to make!!! I love all the different suggestions of how to adapt the recipe. P re-heat my oven to 325 Fahrenheit and line a 12-cup muffin tray with some muffin liners. I made mine with blueberries since I can’t eat chocolate. And I went on an online search immediately to find more whole wheat pastry flour (pretty difficult at the moment) because I need to make these again soon they are that good. These turned out great! I bake GF wondering if I can just sub GF pastry flour? oops, apologies – they’re just sprinkled on top. Allow the muffins to cool for 15 minutes. Thank you for the recipe! Do you know the calorie count in each one? Quick to whip up and taste amazing! How long to bake using a silicone mini muffin pan? I haven’t tried the other modifications so I’m not sure what the result would be. could i make this recipe into banana bread? I add protein powder to mine so that I can get more protein with my carbs. Hi Alaisa, no, I’m sorry, it’s not usually a 1:1 swap and it’ll affect the rise of these muffins. https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/banana-muffins-recipe-best white, or oat flour (for flourless, try these, Whisk first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, and set aside for 10 minutes. Hi Anna, no the ratio written is correct for this specific recipe. Used King Arthur gluten free baking mix and these came out delicious! Hi Mary, I’m so glad they were a big hit! from our home in Chicago, while our shiba pups eat the kale stems that fall on the kitchen floor. }function loadFcSC0a5(){if(window.scrollY>88)loadFc0a5()};document.addEventListener('scroll',loadFcSC0a5); In a medium bowl, combine the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla and stir to combine. Soft full of banana flavor yummy! These are seriously the best banana bread muffins. ❤️. These may be my favorite muffins I’ve ever made. Glad you liked them , These were SO delicious they came out perfect. Such a tasty, easy recipe! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. I substituted the flour for gluten free flour and then added half a cup of coaches oats to make my kids nice and full!! Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Pecans also work. inited30b=!1; Super soft and moist but still taste like a muffin! like in a loaf pan? Thanks so much! We create & photograph vegetarian recipes Bake for 20 -25 minutes until a toothpick or cake tester comes out completely clean when inserted in the center of the muffins. In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and warm water and set aside to thicken for 5 minutes. Thank you. Find more healthy breakfast ideas here and more of my favorite brunch recipes here! These are amazing! I halved the recipe and it made 9 muffins. I tried with and without chocolate chips.. without for my 10 month old, and with for my husband and I! I have a two tips for mashing bananas: one: warm them up and two: use your mixer! Thanks! Great recipe! Yay!! Required fields are marked *, Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail. The chocolate chips are a must! document.removeEventListener('scroll',loadFcSC0a5); These sound amazing and I’m really keen to try them, but sadly I don’t have any flax at home. Did half the batch with blueberry and they were great, too. – Can almond milk be replaced by soy milk or any other kind of milk? That means I get to make two more batches of these delicious muffins, and use the ingredients that I have in my kitchen in a very smart way. You do not have to be vegan to enjoy these. Copyright © 2020 Love and Lemons, LLC. This easy, healthy banana muffin recipe comes together in one bowl in just 30 minutes with options to add a delicious crunch from heart-healthy walnuts! My favorite muffin recipe of all time (and that is including my non-vegan muffin recipes). Optional: sprinkle with a handful of chips and walnuts on top. Thank you. You are just so meant to be as a chef in my life. document.removeEventListener('scroll',loadFcSC30b); These muffins are my go to. I found these muffins to be moist, easy to make and absolutely delicious! To make these muffins you’ll need bananas, coconut oil, honey, an egg, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. As that’s what I have! If you don’t have a mixer, just use a fork or a whisk! …24 mini and 6 medium sized to be specific. Work with whatever you have in your pantry/fridge! Do not overmix. Just make sure you’re measuring them after mashing so you have the right amount of bananas. When I have these healthy banana muffins on hand, I always go back for seconds. Even my young daughter, who claims not to like banana bread, ate three of these muffins We used eggs, whole milk and canola oil because we didn’t have the flaxseed or plant milk and were running low on olive oil. Nutmeg, ground ginger, chocolate chips and walnuts are all optional! Privacy Policy Recipe Index. I did run out of whole wheat pastry flour and had to use about 1/2 cup oat flour with these. No nutmeg, no vanilla, regular cow’s milk, all-purpose flour, canola oil…other than that the same. But in the last few weeks, I think I’ve made them more times than I ever have before. Perfect texture and I might eat all 12 within the next hour. So glad you and your kids liked them Amanda! Delish! This post contains affiliate links. I used eggs and half white/half wheat flour. I think it would work – I’d just bake it longer, probably somewhere in between 40-50 minutes. Glad you enjoyed them! Can you use gluten free flour if you’re gluten free? Did you just sprinkle them on the top or are they in the batter. Today I used melted coconut oil, oat milk, and regular AP flour because that’s what I had on-hand, and they turned out perfectly. If so, does the liquid proportion (not used in the recipe) have to be replaced by something else?

Carcassonne How To Play, 22cm Baking Tin, Asu Club Organization, Why Do I Look So Bad In Selfies, Umass Boston Graduate Programs, Bossier City Jail, __fish Has Lots Of Spines, Can Inflate, Algonquin Power Oakville,