Place hot dogs in buns; top with sauce. You saved Coney Island Sauce to your. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Add the onion, chili powder, salt, allspice, ground mustard, garlic powder, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper, cayenne pepper, tomato paste, and water. brown sugar 2 Tbsp. I made this for a baked potato buffet fundraiser, they licked the pot clean and asked for more! Ingredients. I've had it many times. So I gave this a try all ingredients unaltered. The original recipe hails from Coney Island, NY where hot dogs by the beach are served with a similar sauce topping. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, mustard and salt. ALSO I HIGLY RECOMMEND PUTTING THE MEAT AND ONION THROUGH FOOD PROCESSOR IF YOU WANT THE BEST TEXTURE OTHERWISE TOO CHUNKY. This is great on grilled hot dogs. Made a quadruple batch for a meeting.....one batch doesn't make much at all! Great!!! This is almost what I was looking for...but the one I remember had chopped sweet pickles in it also. Add minced garlic when meat is … cumin 1/2 tsp. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. I did exactly as recipe said but doubled and hit it with immersion blender for about 10 seconds after mixing in wet ingredients. Shirley Heston of Pickerington, Ohio turns ground beef, chopped onion, tomato sauce and chili powder into a zippy topping ideal for hot dogs. I served this at my son's birthday party so that the adults could eat a more sophisticated hot dog. As delicious as what the root beer stands has to offer. Fortunately, the sauce cooked down to a nice consistency and thickened after being refrigerated. Congrats! Top with shredded sharp cheddar if desired. Coney Island Sauce Recipe by Lori Fogg, A Coalcracker In The Kitchen Course: Main Dishes, Recipes Cuisine: Sauces Difficulty: Easy. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. mustard 1 Tbsp. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/100182/grandpas-classic-coney-sauce As usual, Taste of Home's recipes are the best, and there are no annoying pop-up ads and junk to get through. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Crumble meat to a fine texture with a fork, if necessary; drain excess fat. Most recipes I had tried were just too sweet, this is a good Midwest-style Coney sauce. I believe this matches the coney sauce from my favorite gourmet hot dog joint. 1 1/2 cups water. Add remaining ingredients; stir well to combine. I did make a some changes in the recipe and was surprisingly good. Once it's well browned, drain the liquids and juices, but keep in the pan. My compliments to the creator of this recipe. Add minced garlic when meat is nearly done. Bring to a boil. I didn't follow the measurements to the letter - just eyeballed it; and I added a couple dashes of hot sauce to kick up the heat a bit. EVERYONE WHO HAD THIS RECIPE REALLY LIKED IT AS DID I. tHE ONLY CHANGE I MIGHT MAKE IS TO CUT BACK ON SUGAR A LITTLE BETWEEN THE KETCHUP AND SUGAR ITS REALLY SWEET. I thought this tasted really good on my hot dog. My grandpa was looking for this stuff so I found it on here for him and he loved it and so has everyone who's ever had the pleasure of eating it! Grill two packages of hot dogs at your next barbecue and save the extras for the following dishes. Instead I topped the coney sauce with shredded sharp cheese and ladled it over hot dogs. I omitted the celery. Brown ground beef in a skillet, adding onions halfway through. This enables the flavors to blend better as with most sauces. The taste is great. Adjust liquids as follows to improve as others mentioned. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. It was delicious! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipes You’ll Fall in Love With, How Long are Thanksgiving Leftovers Good For? I lowered the temp to a very slow simmer and cooked it much longer. chili powder 1 tsp. One change I made was due to not having any lemon juice so I substituted white vinegar instead. Very good! Bring to a boil. Serve over hot dogs, Coney Island style! I added 2 chopped garlic cloves and 1 cup of beer. I'll give you a little tip from a former Dog N Suds employee: boil your hot dogs with 1TB of canola or soybean oil per 1 qt. tabasco 1/2 tsp. Stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, mustard and salt. My own recipe like Johnny & Hons in Reading PA is same except for amounts the following: 3 Tbsp Plochman's mustard & 3 Tbsp Vinegar 1/2 cup Heinz ketchup 1 Tbsp sugar 2 Tbsp H20 1 1/2 tsp. Just enough spice to keep everyone happy. Put the ketchup aside! I wondered about the celery, but this was the best hot dog chili I've eaten. Grill or cook hot dogs according to package directions. Stir in the mustard, vinegar, sugar, water, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed, hot pepper sauce and ketchup. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. I will keep this recipe and make it again. I will continue my quest. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce… 1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes . of water for that little extra! 8.9 g Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. 2 %. In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the ground beef and onion for 5 to 10 minutes, or until meat is well browned. Grill or cook hot dogs according to package directions. Next time I think I will try to process the beef so that it is not so chunky; I think someone suggested that they spun it in the blender after browning and draining it. 1 pound 80/20 hamburger. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Simmer the onion and beef over medium-to-medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked celetery seed. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I then refrigerated it and put it in a small crockpot for a couple of hours the next day to do the simmering work with good results. My whole family loved this recipe! COPYCAT Original Coney Island Hot Dog Meat Chili Sauce Recipe. Simmer over low heat 15 minutes. This is one of the best coney sauces I've ever tried! Mix well reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes. Highly recommended. Great taste. In a medium saucepan or deep sauté pan, heat up the olive oil, add the beef, and brown it thoroughly. You steam them and put on top!! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Finely ground beef simmered with seasonings for topping hot dogs and burgers. Worcestershire sauce 2 tsp. Otherwise use your fingers to finely crumble the browned meat. Outstanding!!! It went over very well! I wouldn't know what to change or tweak to make it any better. Thank you, cibo delizioso! 173 calories; protein 13.3g 27% DV; carbohydrates 8.9g 3% DV; fat 9.2g 14% DV; cholesterol 46mg 15% DV; sodium 225.1mg 9% DV. (Includes Printable Chart), Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. I have found that a food processor is a quick way to get the texture that you want. I usually give most recipes a fair chance before I tweak it and make it my own. I added some more ketschup and some garlic. You can also steam or even grill the bun. Jeanie Bean. recipe!!! Then put it in the fridge overnight and reheated it to serve the next day. used food processer to finely grind everything. Onions are never in the sauce. There wasn't enough liquid to simmer this for 40 minutes. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. we loved this on our hotdogs. Info. This was close but not exactly how I remembered it. Total Carbohydrate will freeze and use on our next hotdog time:) ty for sharing this recipe with us:). Which is saying a lot, because I have tried coneys from several states and many places reported to be famous for their dogs. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition INGREDIENTS: 1 1/2 pounds ground beef 1 to 1 1/2 cups water – add 1 cup at first and add as needed 1/2 cup finely diced onion 2 cloves garlic 1/3 cup ketchup or tomato sauce 1 Tbsp. worchestershire suace 1/2 tsp. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Stir in the mustard, vinegar, sugar, water, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed, hot pepper sauce and … Brown ground beef in a skillet, adding onions halfway through. After countless searches for a good Coney Island sauce, I stumbled on this one at another cooking website. Will be making this again in the future and with my serendipitous mistake. The other change was actually a mistake and it was when I doubled the recipe and I doubled the 15 oz can of tomato sauce instead of the doubling the recipe's amount of an 8 oz can. I made it the day before - I followed the recipe up to the point of simmering it.

Red Deer Lake Beach, Ulysses Dies At Dawn Lyrics, Carbona Carpet Cleaner Ingredients, Ford Ranger Pick Up For Sale, Navien Npe-240a Intelligent Preheating, Zhakata New Song, Hp Laserjet Mfp M129-m134 Manual, Dance Monkey Tenor Sax, Is Blue Apron Down, How To Do A Life Cycle Assessment,