this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Absolutely delicious! Thick, nutty, and delicious, we dare say this icing might be the … 265 calories; protein 3.2g 6% DV; carbohydrates 23.5g 8% DV; fat 18.4g 28% DV; cholesterol 57.3mg 19% DV; sodium 129.5mg 5% DV. It will wow all of your guests with it’s rich and decadent flavor. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Continue cooking on medium heat, while mixing constantly until mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon. In a medium-size nonstick saucepan, add butter, brown sugar, evaporated milk. I created this icing while searching for a German chocolate icing that did not include evaporated milk or eggs. I also toasted the pecans and coconut. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. vanilla after I removed it from the heat stirred in about 1/4 cup extra coconut to finish off my bag. Boil until icing thickens and reaches 240 degrees F to 245 degrees F (115 degrees C to 118 degrees C) on a candy thermometer, 10 to 15 minutes. stirring once in a while before frosting the cake. Wish I had tasted it prior to spreading it on my beautiful cake. The reviewer that suggested adding cornstarch to the evaporated milk was right on target. Use unsalted butter– It prevents this icing from becoming too salty. I'll definitely be making this again. I find this recipe has more of a caramel flavor that the traditional recipes. This thickened up beautifully but it was my first time so it might have been luck. As far as those reviewers suggesting to add cornstarch, I've got to say 3/4 of the way through cooking I was tempted to throw it out and start again with cornstarch as it was still really thin. I did use half and half in place of the milk and added a tsp. I did use 1 TBSP of cornstarch to help thicken and it came out perfect. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Recipe developer. https://www.foodnetwork.com/.../alternative-frosting-german-chocolate-cake I did not alter any of the ingredients listed. Mix and cook over medium heat until you have a smooth mixture. Required fields are marked *. I'm sure I will make it again! I will be using this recipe again and again! Then, enjoy it on a German chocolate cake. Use sweetened shredded coconut– This enhances the flavor of the frosting and provides a great sweetness. I'll be using it again! If it’s too thick, you can thin it out by mixing in some milk. Pecans must be toasted– To provide an enhanced nutty flavor. Quantity– This recipe is enough to fill and frost an 8 inch round cake. I didn't have a candy thermometer so I just just cooked and frequently stirred for 15 minutes. Welcome to CakeWhiz, a place where I share my love for baking, cooking and entertaining with you! However, if you temper the whisked eggs withe hot sugar mixture away from direct heat, the eggs will not scramble. Your email address will not be published. In another … This frosting was fabulous!! Just ask your kids. Simply add more milk! When it was not thickening I brought it to a boil and immediately removed it from the heat and kept stirring it and that did the trick. Add extracts– like vanilla or even maple or bourbon for a fall twist on this frosting. Photographer. I used two whole eggs (just tempered them with the hot milk and sugar) toasted the nuts and added just a pinch of salt. Bring to room temperature before using. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Remove from heat and stir in coconut and pecans. As soon as I took it off the heat and added the coconut the butter separated. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/19118/german-chocolate-cake-frosting-ii Stir in coconut, pecans and 1 teaspoon vanilla. I turned out beautifully. No, because it can separate while thawing. Can you freeze coconut pecan frosting? But then I just decided that the problem was that on low heat it would take forever to caramalize the sugars enough to thicken the milk. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition This post may contain affiliate links. You saved German Chocolate Cake Frosting II to your. Cool completely before icing– This prevents the frosting from becoming a sticky mess. Don’t replace butter with shortening – Because butter is richer and more flavorful than shortening and leads to a better tasting frosting. Mix and cook over medium heat until you have a smooth mixture. It was a waste, we didnt even use it...HOWEVER, the chocolate cake recipe I used was "Too Much Chocolate Cake" and it was heavenly...mmm...i'll be making that cake again for the 4th of July coming up. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. German chocolate cake frosting that is cooked on top of the stove and put on warm cake while frosting is warm. After it started to boil, I continued to cook, stirring constantly, for another 6-7 minutes. Turned out magnificient, looked great and tasted even better. Please read my disclosure policy. You saved German Chocolate Cake Icing to your. UPDATE: I made this frosting again and used walnuts instead of pecans and I ran out of eggs so I used an egg beater in place of one of the egg yolks. Remove from heat and stir in pecans and coconut. Remove from heat and mix in coconut and pecans. Only changes - I added 1/2 tsp. I used Kari's suggestion about using 1/2 and 1/2 and adding vanilla at the end with the coconut and pecans. Evaporated milk vs. condensed milk– I use full fat evaporated milk because condensed milk has added sugars and that makes the frosting sickly sweet. How good is this recipe, it's easy to make and delicious. The biggest problem with that is the eggs can end up cooking and you will end up with bits of scrambled eggs in the frosting. ", Congrats! This stuff is AWESOME. I like to use brown sugar because it tastes the best in my opinion but that does make the frosting darker. The classic pairing is German chocolate cake, but it can also be used on cakes, cupcakes, cookies, brownies and bars. How To Make German Chocolate Cake Frosting (Coconut Pecan Frosting) From Scratch? The easiest way to do this is by cooking it longer until it’s reduced further. HOWEVER...it was SOOO RUNNY!! Use coconut sugar– You can use granulated sugar too. 187 calories; protein 1.2g 2% DV; carbohydrates 14.5g 5% DV; fat 14.7g 23% DV; cholesterol 21.1mg 7% DV; sodium 64.9mg 3% DV. Icing came out like candy and could not use it. followed the instructions. Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Amount is based on available nutrient data. stirring every 10-20 seconds to be sure that it wouldn't scorch on the bottom. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. In a large saucepan combine evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks, margarine and vanilla. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Spread on cake while still warm. Yummy! This recipe is enough to fill and frost an 8 inch round cake. Make sure to add my Easy Maple Frosting (4 Ingredients) and Cinnamon Roll Icing (Without Cream Cheese) to your collection of delicious frostings while you are at it. Tastes and spreads more like Carmel candy than frosting...definetly missing something. At the end of the 6-7 minutes, the mixture should just be getting into the soft candy stage (higher than 200 deg). Your email address will not be published. This German Chocolate Cake Frosting II is the best I've ever tasted and my guests feel the same way. Came out perfect. Let it cool completely as it will thicken slightly more as it cools. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Quick and easy German chocolate cake frosting recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. It will also thicken a little as it cools, so keep that in mind when checking the consistency. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/240081/german-chocolate-cake-icing I am new at this and followed directions but must have cooked it too long. JLJ. I did add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to evaporated milk and used real butter rather than margarine. I received great reviews from my guests! Coconut Pecan Frosting (German Chocolate Cake Frosting). Didn t make very much frosting; probably should double the recipe to make sure you have enough. If the frosting is too thin, you can cook it for longer until it’s reduced further. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir the flour, baking soda and salt until mixed; set aside. Thanks Carol!! This frosting has instantly become a favorite!!! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. In 2-quart saucepan, cook 1 cup sugar, the evaporated milk, 1/2 cup butter and 3 eggs over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to bubble. Cinnamon Roll Icing (Without Cream Cheese), Cheesecake Brownies (Cream Cheese Brownies). Like others, I added a little vanilla after removing it from the heat. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Very good and easy! This frosting is thinner than a classic American butter cream and other classic frostings, so keep that in mind when you are making it. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I left the mixture in the sauce pan on the back of the stove as I made the cake. This fit the bill and was great for the 9x13 German Chocolate cake from box mix. Do not omit this step!! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This is the best German chocolate cake frosting you will ever taste. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Toasting the coconut and pecan chips first gives it the taste that stands out. Wow! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. It still turned out excellent! I added the vanilla and mixed to blend then added the toasted cooconut and pecans. I cooked about 15 min. 3 egg yolk, beaten with 1 teaspoon water, Back to German Chocolate Cake Frosting II. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Based on other reviews, I added all ingredients, except the vanilla and nuts, into saucepan and cooked over 2-3 level heat for about 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally (while it was warming, I toasted the coconut and pecans in the oven 5 min at 350). Thanks for the recipe. Rich, thick, creamy.

Vitamin B17 Foods, Ming Tsai Vegetable Stir Fry, Frederick William Iv Significance, Light Slate Blue, Multimedia Database Advantages And Disadvantages, Skyrim Ps5 Amazon, Used Regina Cars Under 1,000, Toyota Of Hermitage, Sartana Movies List, Betty Crocker Vanilla Cupcake Mix,