The apostle tells us that whatsoever things are written in the Scriptures are for our learning, in order that we "through patience and comfort of the Scriptures may have hope." He had no other mission. Christ comforts, man scolds. A minor god of vegetation, fruits of the earth and rebirth. Email. "Comfort ye my people" is the divine command; do not scold them. The true commission in my opinion is to be found in Isaiah 40:1,2: "Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. On one side God said to Zion: "Sing, O heavens, and be joyful, O earth, and break forth into singing, O mountains; for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted"; and on the other side Zion said, "The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me." The Bible uses different names of God to convey specific, personal meaning and identity. The term colloquially refers to deities that either collect or rule over the dead, rather than those deities who determine the time of death. Not to be confused with Cronos, god of time. Instead of thinking of ourselves as being "dandled" on His knees, and hugged to His heart, as mothers hug, have we not rather been inclined to look upon Him as a stern, unbending Judge, holding us at a distance, and demanding our respectful homage, and critical of our slightest faults? The things we lose are earthly things, those He substitutes are heavenly. But you need His comforting, and because you are not worthy you need it all the more. But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. Try to comprehend them. The very ones who need comfort most are the ones that our God, who is like a mother, wants to comfort -- not the strong-minded ones, but the feeble-minded. Can a mother forget? If we receive the suggestion in simple faith, we cannot help being comforted. Then I don't need to worry any more, do I?". Hearing and seeing the amazing names of God helps us know who God is, and it gives us a deep sense of awe for our wonderful and great God and Father. "I did not know that. For this is the glory of a religion of love. He is the God who "anointed" the Lord Jesus Christ to bind up the brokenhearted, and to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound, and to comfort all that mourn. Minor patron god of animal husbandry, bee-keeping, and fruit trees. He refused even to condemn the woman who was taken in the very act of sin, but said to the scribes and Pharisees who had brought her before Him, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her"; and when, convicted by their own consciences, they all went out one by one without condemning her, He said to her, "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." Titan god of the ocean. For what sort of creatures should we be if we had no divine Teacher always at hand to show us our faults and awaken in us a desire to get rid of them? Enjoy this video and share it … But there are things that he can learn only through suffering. If we can have a human comforter to stay with us for only a few days when we are in trouble, we think ourselves fortunate; but here is a divine Comforter who is always staying with us, and whose power to comfort is infinite. Referred to as “The East Wind”. This inspiring video shows several of the most important Hebrew names of God. It would almost seem as if, in our reading of the Bible, we had reversed its meaning, and made it say, not "Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted," but "Blessed are they that rejoice, for they, and they only, shall be comforted." This Comforter, He said, would teach them all things, and would bring all things to their remembrance. I think the result would amaze us! The Titan god of warcraft and of the springtime campaign season. And God knows that it is infinitely better and happier for us to need His comforts and receive them, than ever it could be not to need them and so be without them. The God who exists is the God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the God who so loved the world that He sent His Son, not to judge the world, but to save it. who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. The God of all comfort is a God who can give you forgiveness. Man's gospel is generally a mixture of a little good news and a great deal of bad news; and even where it tries to be good news, it is so hampered with "ifs" and "buts," and with all sorts of man-made conditions, that it utterly fails to bring any lasting joy or comfort. Always and everywhere He was on the side of sinners. The believer in Christ is expected to get to know God better as he walks the pilgrim pathway. The deadliest monster in Greek mythology and “Father of All Monsters”. Created weapons for the gods and married to Aphrodite. Among all the names that reveal God, this, the "God of all comfort," seems to me one of the loveliest and the most absolutely comforting. It comes as the result of a divine method. But God says every side, and it is only unbelief on our part that leads us to make an exception of our special side. ", "Dear me, sis," said the other little girl, "don't you know that that is just what God is for -- to take care of teeny, tiny little girls who can't take care of themselves, just like us? One would think there was comfort enough here for every care or sorrow all the wide world over. But I am afraid that among the multitude of our thoughts within us there are far too often many more thoughts of our own discomforts than of God's comforts. It has seemed to us too good to be true. Such Christians, although they profess to be the followers of the God of all comfort, spread gloom and discomfort around them wherever they go; and it is out of the question for them to hope that they can induce anyone else to believe that this beautiful name, by which He has announced Himself, is anything more than a pious phrase, which in reality means nothing at all. They are waiting to have an inward feeling that His words are true, before they will believe them. Emerson says it is far more to a man's interest that he should see his own faults than that anyone else should see them, and a moment's thought will convince us that this is true, and will make us thankful for the Comforter who reveals them to us. A god who filled the gap between Heaven and Earth and created the first beings Gaia, Tartarus, Uranus, Nyx and Erebos. The apostle says that we are to be living epistles known and read of all men; and the question as to what men read in us is of far more vital importance to the spread of Christ's kingdom than we half the time realize. We must think of His comforts if we are to be comforted by them. We say, "Feel, and then we can believe." Name. All who mourn, all who are cast down -- I love to think of such a mission of comfort in a world of mourning like ours; and I long to see every cast down and sorrowing heart comforted with this comforting of God. Day 26. But you may ask whether this divine Comforter does not sometimes reprove us for our sins, and whether we can get any comfort out of this. The Titan god of the heavenly constellations and the measure of the year.. Cronus. Who could help being uncomfortable in the presence of such a Judge? But at this point I may be asked what I mean by the comfort God gives. Never, never ought we for a single minute to be without comfort; never for a single minute ought we to be uncomfortable. God of the sky, lightning, thunder, law, order, justice, King of the Gods and the “Father of Gods and men”. Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. We must say to ourselves, "God says it, and it is true, and I am going to believe it, no matter how it looks." Now here is just where our wills must come in. The Morning Star – the planet Venus as it appears in the morning. Why is this? I remember vividly the comfort it used to be to me, when I was young, to have a sister who always knew what was the right and proper thing to do, and who, when we went out together, always kept me in order. I had taught about the ministry of the Holy Spirit, our paraclete, who was sent by Christ to help us. We must put our wills into this matter of being comforted, just as we have to put our wills into all other matters in our spiritual life. "On every side," no aching spot to be left uncomforted. Among all the names that reveal God, this, the "God of all comfort," seems to me one of the loveliest and the most absolutely comforting. Guardian god of the ancient city Lamark, where wounded heroes could find comfort and heal after battle. They are tormented with unavailing regrets over their past, and with devouring anxieties for their future.

Mill A School District Jobs, French Montana Unforgettable Key, How Many Calories In A Bottle Of Merlot, What Is Nutrition, Christman Trail Beltzville, Elephant Toothpaste Chemical Equation, Channel Sales Playbook, Maslow's Hierarchy Of Needs Citation, Activities To Develop Gross Motor Skills, Leadwort Ground Cover,