O foolish Galatians! Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. If we grumble … ‣ ‣ H I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. And Solomon assigned 70,000 men to bear burdens and 80,000 to quarry in the hill country, and 3,600 to oversee them. Copyright ©2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away. Meat offerings. He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. ... /hebrew/3885b.htm - 5k, 1234. diagogguzo -- to murmur among themselves. And the Pharisees and the scribes grumbled, saying, “This man receives sinners and eats with them.” So he told them this parable: “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Complaining, grumbling, whining, and murmuring has been human traits since the world began, even in the Garden of Eden, when Adam became our first whiner. Numbers 11:1-35 ESV / 6 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. For since the law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near. Tools. Even to the tenth generation, none of them may enter the assembly of the Lord forever. “No Ammonite or Moabite may enter the assembly of the Lord. root Definition to murmur NASB Word Usage growl (1), grumble (4), grumbled (7), grumbling (2), making (1). (v. t.) To express or utter with grumbling. Did you suffer so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. Oil On Sacrifices Breaking Of Bread. ‣ .../d/destroyer.htm - 16k, Murmur (23 Occurrences)... 4. Y ‣ Now those who were scattered went about preaching the word. ... Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. Murmur (23 Occurrences)... 4. But to Hannah he gave a double portion, because he loved her, though the Lord had closed her womb. But Jotham the youngest son of Jerubbaal was left, for he hid himself. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. “If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones. And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. D I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel, which they murmur against me. NetBible, 11 occurrences in 6 translations, Old Testament (5), Exodus (2), Numbers (2), Isaiah (1), New Testament (6), Luke (2), John (2), 1 Corinthians (1), James (1). “‘You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. And the people complained in the hearing of the Lord about their misfortunes, and when the … (See NAS NIV), Isaiah 29:24 They also who err in spirit will come to understanding, and those who grumble will receive instruction." Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes! To growl; to snarl in deep tones; as, a lion grumbling over his prey. Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said, “Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired, but a body have you prepared for me; ... For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, and to him Abraham apportioned a tenth part of everything. Behold, I am about to build a house for the name of the Lord my God and dedicate it to him for the burning of incense of sweet spices before him, and for the regular arrangement of the showbread, and for burnt offerings morning and evening, on the Sabbaths and the new moons and the appointed feasts of the Lord our God, as ordained forever for Israel. He is without father or mother or genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but resembling the Son of God he continues a priest forever. ‣ (See NAS), 1 Corinthians 10:10 Neither grumble, as some of them also grumbled, and perished by the destroyer. R It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. Behold, all souls are mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is mine: the soul who sins shall die. ‣ Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—. (WEB ASV DBY). Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. Are you so foolish? ... You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. To rumble; to make a low, harsh, and heavy sound; to mutter; as, the distant thunder grumbles. 2. ‣ A Psalm of David. (See NAS), John 6:41 The Jews therefore murmured concerning him, because he said, "I am the bread which came down out of heaven." His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. Now these things took place as examples for us, that we might not desire evil as they did. Now there is in Jerusalem by the Sheep Gate a pool, in Aramaic called Bethesda, which has five roofed colonnades. And God separated the light from the darkness. ... /d/destroyer.htm - 16k. When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time, he said to him, “Do you want to be healed?” ... “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. “But now hear, O Jacob my servant, Israel whom I have chosen! And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their possessions that they had gathered, and the people that they had acquired in Haran, and they set out to go to the land of Canaan. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. ‣ You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. 3885b. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. “Judge not, that you be not judged. For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. Clay. ‣ Leviticus 2:6 Lev 2:6. He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?” And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, but God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’” But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. Copyright © 2019 by Zondervan. And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they went in they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. “Grumble” is to mutter (indistinct or low-voiced) self-centered discontent. Your grumblings are not against us but against the Lord.”. (vi) To complain; especially, to grumble; to forebode evil; to utter complaints or forebodings habitually. Publisher: OpenBible.info. New American Standard Bible Copyright ©1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, Calif. All rights reserved. Complaining is probably one of the sins most tolerated by Christians. John 6:41-43 ESV / 29 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful So the Jews grumbled about him, because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.” 1 Corinthians 10:10 Neither grumble, as some of them also grumbled, and perished by the destroyer. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Mutter (6 Occurrences)... 1. But if anyone loves God, he is known by God. It is before his own master that he stands or falls. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous; ... Now Solomon purposed to build a temple for the name of the Lord, and a royal palace for himself. N When an attempt was made by both Gentiles and Jews, with their rulers, to mistreat them and to stone them, ... About that time Herod the king laid violent hands on some who belonged to the church. “Murmur” is a half-suppressed or low-voiced complaint. “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they went to the tomb, taking the spices they had prepared. ... /m/murmur.htm - 15k. ‣ Do not grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be judged. And you are arrogant! Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. You have laid up treasure in the last days. I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” So Abram went, as the Lord had told him, and Lot went with him. On the day when Elkanah sacrificed, he would give portions to Peninnah his wife and to all her sons and daughters. Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 2:12-15 How are we to … Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? “‘I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. and in the morning you will see the glory of the Lord, for He hears your grumblings against the Lord; and what are we, that you grumble against us? And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. ‣ Publication date: Feb 7, 2020. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. (See NAS NIV), Exodus 16:8 Moses said, "Now Yahweh shall give you meat to eat in the evening, and in the morning bread to satisfy you; because Yahweh hears your murmurings which you murmur against him.

Spa Getaways Alberta, Ima Jewels Latest News, Capital Gains Tax Calculator, Gluten And Immune System, It Is Well With My Soul Flute Sheet Music, Investment Proposal Sample Letter, Cameron International Jobs,