For news, discussion and more about Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed franchise. Tons of new Assassin's Creed: Origins details revealed, Of course Assassin's Creed: Odyssey will have NewGame+ mode, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey is designed to soak up your time, Assassin's Creed: Origins microtransactions likely, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey's dialog can trigger quests, Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized, > NEXT STORY: Into the psychology of Far Cry 6's new dictator villain Anton Castillo, < PREVIOUS STORY: Before Ghost of Tsushima, Sucker Punch was making this cancelled game, TSMC sets up Arizona, USA subsidiary with $3.5 billion in capital, PlayStation 5 sells out in minutes in Australia, hits eBay for $1000, Fry's Electronics announces closure of another store, goodbye Campbell, Test your GeForce RTX series graphic card with V-Ray 5 benchmark, Microsoft improved Windows MR image quality for HP Reverb G2, PNY XLR8 EPIC-X RGB DDR4-3200 32GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review, ASUS ROG Swift PG43UQ Review: Perfect For The GeForce RTX 3080, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 500GB M.2 SSD Review. A time lapse to show how generations are changing, I wouldn't take the thing with the pyramids too serious ;). We aren't ever going back to it sadly. Because I have seen a lot of people complaining that it would break the lore so much that Aya is a descendant of Kassandra/Darius, here are some infos straight out of the lore: The Leap of Faith was performed by Darius first and got later established by the Medjay (they jumped off a tower after meditation). Kassandra was to be the sole lead, as is obvious by her magnetism and excellent character development. It makes perfect sense especially since a game in Ancient Greece would lead well into a game in Ancient Rome. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the assassinscreed community. Well, if you didn't read the Origins novel... You're not wrong. All should be free”. Aya was raised by her aunt in Siwa, a village with a long Medjay tradition, and she got trained to be a Medjay. Ancient Greece and Greek ruled Egypt is a bit of an overlap as well, I don't think the setting will dissuade them from making a Roman game. The ancient Greece-based Assassin's Creed Odyssey went farther and originally didn't even feature a playable male protagonist. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the assassinscreed community. Not knowing who darius was, but the blade in its existence conveys this lifestyle. "what was the actual point of playing as Bayek at all". He may not have been remembered as a person, but they still embodied him in spirit without even realizing it. Hascoet had free reign to alter every single game Ubisoft has made. Aya was raised by her aunt in Siwa, a village with a long Medjay tradition, and she got trained to be a Medjay. Hascoet simply said that playable men characters sell video games. Just like an editor will make changes to a book or a blog, so too would Hascoet edit Ubisoft's in-development games. Watch Dogs Legion looks much more flexible considering you can play anyone in the entire game, male or female. He probably taught Elpidios some basic fighting skills and of course the Leap of Faith. After all, he had guided Ubisoft's titles through tens of millions of sales throughout the years. I'm not even sure it was something that literally happened, just something for the benefit of the audience, just like the time lapse of all of Aya's ancestors. The shadows way to the assassin brotherhood. Kassandra was to be Odyssey's only hero, Bayek was to die in Origins Assassin's Creed Odyssey was supposed to be exclusively led by female protagonist Kassandra, but … There could be a chance that they could be Aya’s ancestors, because she is half Greek. Press J to jump to the feed. The connection is clear: Darius -> Medjay -> Hidden Ones -> Assassins. I'm not the OP, and I have no answers for you, but the more time that passes, the more I've felt that Aya should have had much more gameplay in Origins. Plus, how come she was able to witness Aya taking a leap of faith? Regarding your third point. She was as determined as Kassandra about the fight for the greater good. It was a great thematic element and I feel like we've lost something since. Serge Hascoet is gone from Ubisoft, and company CEO Yves Guillemot pledges big adjustments are coming to the publisher's work culture. She got Aya's DNA and relived her memories. Within Origins alone, they could have easily justified giving her 50% of the game with how important she is. it may be possible but layla said with her Animus she can see the past of other people not only her own ancestor. Just as Bayek essentially transformed into passive memory for the Assassin's Brotherhood. Don't read this if you have not played The Legacy of the First Blade Episode 3 DLC. Which GPU should I pick for a budget PC with limited upgrade options? Only time will tell before we know for sure. We literally see her extracting DNA from Aya's body in Origins to use in the Animus. * Prices last scanned on 11/11/2020 at 4:12 pm CST - prices may not be accurate, click links above for the latest price. For Darius it was more than a practicality. Should I buy DDR4 RAM or wait for DDR5 RAM, and is 3200MHz enough. And the Medjay are connected to Darius (and Kassandra). There was no fight for the greater good or something. For news, discussion and more about Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed franchise. Should I upgrade my PC now or wait for AMD Zen 3 / Intel Rocket Lake? How did Layla not notice the connection between Elpidios and Aya? That's why the knowledge of the blade got lost eventually because we are talking about more than 300 years between Darius and Aya. they talk about the first Civ so i think it would be more interesting if they are the descendant of first Civ. Sad too because the 'learn from your family history' angle was brilliant and you could still do a ton with it. what was the actual point of playing as Bayek at all... like, they could of switched the characters. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The later protagonists (minus the Eagle Bearer and Aya) don't have any connection by blood to each other. Derek is absorbed with the intersection of technology and gaming, and is always looking forward to new advancements. When Aya died, her mummy was interred in the same tomb as Bayek, as was common for Egyptian spouses just feet from Bayek's sarcophagus. Alexios was added in at the behest of Serge Hascoet, a now-departed high-level Ubisoft executive who's orbited by illicit allegations of sexism, sexual abuse, and harassment. According to Bloomberg's new lengthy expose into Ubisoft's alleged culture of misconduct, the company had very different plans for both its new Assassin's Creed games. All that came from Bayek. I think the impact darius had on the assassin brotherhood lies in the hidden blade. Darius put the blade down more than 300 years ago. That's why Bayek should have been the descendant. At some point between her burial and her discovery by Layla Hassan, Aya's sarcophagus fell into a pit, … According to Destructoid, 2/3 of players chose Alexios instead of Kassandra. Also, it was Aya that ended The Order at the end so maybe that part is destiny at work. With over six years in games journalism under his belt, Derek aims to further engage the gaming sector while taking a peek under the tech that powers it. What about Bayek’s Eagle Vision being identical to Kassandra’s and Connor’s daughter’s Eagle Vision? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Hascoet was able to make these big power calls because he led Ubisoft's "editorial team," a team of creatives that oversaw all of the company's games. The overlap of settings might be a little too much though. In Odyssey’s case, Dumont said, there are “two possible matches for DNA” for the person whose life Layla is trying to experience, which is the explanation for why players can choose who they control. It was a lifestyle. “The strings should be severed. So having her performing the Leap of Faith absolutely makes sense because she was trained to be a Medjay for like half of her life. We may earn an affiliate commission. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. He hopes to one day explore the stars in No Man's Sky with the magic of VR. Read Also: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey Review, The Achilles of Games. I'm not sure they would take us to Ancient Rome in a mainline game right after Greece. We have to wonder how many of Ubisoft's current AAA games have also been affected by Hascoet. But keep him there. Fighting from the shadows. That's basically it. The connection is clear: Darius -> Medjay -> Hidden Ones -> Assassins. Aya is a descendant of Elpidios. The blade that later landed in bayeks hands inspired bayek to adapt this lifestyle. This wasn't an isolated incident, either. But I must make a world that is larger than our griefs, so that no mother ever again lives what I have lived." Yes, Aya got the blade from Cleopatra but what's wrong with that? So it also makes sense that she later became the founder and leader of the Brotherhood. You can clearly see the parallels of these two during the entire game. PLs alexios and kassandra are brothers and sisters or they are one and a similar person? That being said, the new Viking-themed Assassin's Creed Valhalla not only features a female playable protagonist, but it lets you switch between male and female options at any point in the game. Even if she did manage to find Kassandra's memories in Aya's DNA, it wouldn't have given her the full picture, as Elpidios seems to have been born before Kassandra destroyed the Cult, and probably before she had the Staff, too. Darius contributed the fighting fro. It would fix almost every inconsistence between Odyssey and Origins. Kassandra is one of two selectable protagonists in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, alongside Alexios. 3DMark DirectX Raytracing Feature Test Benchmarked, Supermicro C9Z490-PGW Build Guide + Giveaway with Intel's 10900KF. People tend to forget that there is a huge difference between a plot hole and something that has not been explained yet. There was never any talk about her ancestors in Origins, so she most likely never thought to look. Press J to jump to the feed. He says that Layla posses her DNA he never mentioned that they are related. Having Aya as a descendant of the bloodline of Kassandra and Darius does … There are at least two Medjay in Aya's bloodline. Elise was pretty much the protagonist of Unity. We killed the "Animus only works for your ancestors" plot point in Black Flag. Of the two of them, Aya should have been the main protagonist. Players were supposed to play as his wife, Aya, for most of the game as she sought answers and revenge. Although Aya's parents were no Medjay but scolars in Alexandria, the game clearly shows that she has at least two Medjay ancestors. Having Aya as a descendant of the bloodline of Kassandra and Darius does not break the lore, it fits quite perfectly with the lore. I know, for Bayek the meaning of the Leap of Faith was more personal because his father (also a Medjay) told him to jump off the cliff to shake off his fears and he later did the same with Khemu, so for him, the Leap of Faith means letting go off the fears, and that's probably also what Bayek is telling the Hidden One members, but originally it was established by the Medjay and much earlier by Darius though. Aya was also trained to be a Medjay by Bayek and his father during their time in exile. Is she really the most dumbest motherfucker alive or is her animus faulty? Layla is not Aya's descendant. Thus, the knowledge of how to use the Hidden Blade properly got lost over the years and with that the knowledge of its existence as well.

Halo Mark Of Shame Tattoo, How Many Amur Leopards Are Left 2020, Warhammer 40k: Astra Militarum Spearhead Detachment, Blues Improvisation Saxophone, Oldsmobile 98 For Sale Near Me, Teamwork And Collaboration In The Workplace Ppt, French Rugby Players Names, Sherman Thompson Net Worth,