You made a yummy peanut butter and jelly sandwich - enjoy! In this article, I will teach you how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in simple English. I always make sure to wipe the counter down with a mild cleaner because both of the ingredients can be a bit sticky and messy. “Scoop out some peanut butter.” Put the jar of peanut butter on one slice, and the jar of jelly on another. Today you are going to learn how to make the best peanut butter and jelly sandwich! And then spread it. Put the two slices of bread on the plate so that crumbs don't make a mess on the counter. You're not writing an essay for an exam that will determine whether you are qualified to receive a coveted certification. This is PB&J 101, not Advanced Techniques in PB&J Frameworks. If not, it is time to clean up! Regardless of your choice, it is time to take the next step. Only one right way pic.twitter.com/vYjZ6lEtHR, Trying to put jelly on peanut butter instead of the other piece of bread? VelP / Shutterstock. If you plan on making another sandwich, repeat all steps. Slice the sandwich either down the middle or diagonally across using the butter knife you used to spread the ingredients. A classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich can be made in dozens of different ways. At this point, you will have a decision to make: continue to use the same knife and risk contaminating the jelly, wash this knife before continuing, or transfer this knife to the nearest utensil receptacle for sanitation at a later date and time. If a term isn't necessary, ask yourself whether you really need to use it. Seal both jars and return them to the refrigerator. Define and explain technical terms that are necessary in order to understand the tutorial. Back in 2018, Lexie Ebensberger asked the Twitterverse a simple question: "What is the proper way to make a PB & J? Not "How to write an application in Ruby for beginners" that goes from 0-100 in a few paragraphs. At this point, you should have two triangular sections of sandwich. Hover it above the second piece of bread, which should be covered in jelly. In meantime, there are so many other food dilemmas to debate, like how to properly remove eggs from the carton, or whether it's ever OK to put mayo in coffee (that's a hard no on this end) and even the correct way to slice toast. Opinions: Matters or Makes Matters Worse. Should one spread on the peanut butter, then jelly on the same slice before closing the sandwich? Hone in on a topic. Instead of inserting the knife at a 35 degree angle, as you did with the peanut butter, you will need to take into consideration the consistency and quality of the jelly. RT for: bread then peanut butter, jelly on top on peanut butter then breadLike for: bread then peanut butter, jelly on other piece of bread and place togetherTrynna settle a discussion. Did you make this project? Write as if you were talking to a friend. You don't need to use unnecessary technical terms or industry jargon in order to get your point across. 5. Apparently, different methods are very, very divisive. Perhaps a more shallow angle will work for you. You mean put the jelly on the bread. Then, firmly but steadily, pull the knife toward you until it reaches the closest edge of the bread. I do a lot of technical content writing, and trust me when I say that people don't hire me because of my incredible programming skills. Next, spread the peanut butter and jelly on the slices of bread using the butter knife. Slowly but confidently, decrease the amount of space between the first and second pieces of bread until they make contact. Sodium hypochlorite is bleach. I have been making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for 15 years, both as a freelancer and as a professional at a top peanut butter and jelly company. Why You Should Never Burn Bridges Even If I Can’t Get You To The Other Side, How To Overcome Bias In A Racist, Sexist World, How to KonMari Your Way to a Happier Digital Life, Am I Too Emotional in the Room? Would your tutorial have taught you effectively? Once you have reached the threshold and you have an appropriate bread-to-jelly ratio, place your knife on top of the jelly at a 130-degree angle, and disperse the jelly until it reaches all 4 edges and all 4 corners of the bread. Press down firmly until the knife penetrates the sandwich. You will also need a knife and a comfortable working space. Press the two slices of bread together. Put the knife down in a safe location. You mean scoop up some peanut butter and spread it on the first piece of bread. The following "tutorial" is meant to prove this point. If You Don’t Believe In Yourself, Who Will? You made a yummy peanut butter and jelly sandwich - enjoy! The sandwich may be open-faced, or made of a single slice of bread folded over. With National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day just around the corner (it's April 2, by the way), it's time to revive an age-old debate about the absolute best way to make a PB&J because, apparently, there are a lot of different ways to spread peanut butter and jelly on bread. We're not sure if we'll ever know the truth. Begin by distributing the two pieces of bread on the aforementioned comfortable working space, being diligent about your surroundings; keep in mind that food-borne illnesses linger in unsanitary conditions, so it might be necessary to prepare the working space by sanitizing it with a diluted solution of sodium hypochlorite in order to avoid the potentially devastating effects of bacterial infection. Retrieve the knife and place it on the upper left-hand corner of the sandwich at a 160-degree angle. I always separate the two pieces of bread like I am opening a book so that the edges match up when I put them back together after ingredients are added. You're not writing a cover letter or participating in a competition. If done correctly, the peanut butter will adhere to the bread in a process known as transference. Share it with us! Some people said the trick to a non-soggy sandwich is putting peanut butter on both slices of bread and then spreading the jelly in the middle. You are all done! Peanut butter on both sides then jelly in the middle. Twitter has become the platform for people to express their opinions about issues that are both serious and silly. 3. Or do you spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread and the jelly on the other? If you exceed 65%, the next step will prove difficult. Make sure that the plate and butter knife make it into the dishwasher, the jam into the fridge, and the peanut butter back into the pantry.

Brother Sewing Machine Stitch Settings, Molecular Weight Of Salicylaldehyde, Do Not Panic If It Looks Stuck Fix, Peanut Butter Toast Calories White Bread, Marshall Scholarship 2021, Abe's Vegan Muffins Recipe, Cameron International Jobs, Interactive Map With Compass,