He was a member of the Gesellschaft der Associierten, an organization of aristocrats that played an important role in organizing concerts,[14] and also was one of the aristocratic subscribers to the first major published work of Ludwig van Beethoven, his Opus 1 piano trios. He was responsible for the promotion of Haydn to full Kapellmeister on the death of the old Kapellmeister, Gregor Werner, in 1766. Under the influence of his wife, Nikolaus gradually changed his attitude and eventually was more respectful to his Kapellmeister. I am angry and ashamed. Goethe, who beheld Nikolaus in Frankfurt on a diplomatic mission during the coronation of Joseph II in 1764, described him as 'not tall, though well-formed, lively, and at the same time eminently decorous, without pride or coldness. "Esterházy of Galántha s.v. He generally lived apart from his brother, favoring a hunting lodge near the Neusiedlersee in Hungary. מותו של פישר ב– 1822 סתם את הגולל על רכישה מסודרת של ניקולאוס אסטרהזי ליצירות על נייר. He continued to spend freely both on art works and on his brothel, and ultimately the law intervened, subjecting him to a sequestration order (1832). His chief administrator, Peter Ludwig von Rahier, was likewise a military man, and the highest ranking servants (including Joseph Haydn) were designated as "house officers" and ate at a special table provided for them. His father Anton was the son of Nikolaus I, whom he succeeded as reigning prince on the latter's death in 1790. A dramatic moment in Nikolaus's career occurred in 1809. פוֹרינטְים. Eventually it was installed in the palace of Prince Kaunitz, which Nikolaus bought in 1814. ביותר. Haydn's ability to work as a composer gradually diminished in the early 1800s; his last composition and his last public performance were in 1803 and he thereafter lived as an invalid but retained his title of Esterházy Kapellmeister. They were premiered by a small orchestra that Nikolaus provided to Haydn, giving the composer ample rehearsal time, salary levels to attract top personnel, and full artistic control. In 1790, Prince Nicholas' wife died, and in the few months he outlived her he was disconsolate and recluse. Source: Jones 2009:167, 174. His father Anton was the son of Nikolaus I, whom he succeeded as reigning prince on the latter's death in 1790. The Prince did not like the work and the comment he made at the premiere led Beethoven to depart in a huff. Later, particularly with the introduction of opera performances, the orchestra was expanded, reaching a peak of about 22–24. [4] He received the Grand Cross of the Order of St. Stephen in 1797 and was initiated into the Order of the Golden Fleece on 7 January 1808. רבים משמות האמנים ברשימות המצאי מן התקופה - שמו של Genealogy for Nikolaus Ferdinand Esterházy of Galántha, II (1765 - 1833) family tree on Geni, with over 200 million profiles of ancestors and living relatives. That Haydn's compositions for Nikolaus were primarily religious works (in contrast to the symphonies and operas Haydn had composed for Nikolaus's grandfather) reflects the Prince's own preference for religious music.[13]. Nikolaus was Napoleon's candidate to serve as King of an independent Hungary. He served the Austrian Empire and was a member of the famous Esterházy family. In 1783, the younger Nikolaus, aged 17, married the 15-year-old Maria Josepha, Princess von und zu Liechtenstein (1768–1845). Published separately as. In 1762 werd hij kapitein van de Hongaarse lijfwacht van Maria Theresia. Prince Miklós", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nikolaus_II,_Prince_Esterházy&oldid=985771117, Knights Grand Cross of the Royal Guelphic Order, Knights of the Order of Saint Stephen of Hungary, Military leaders of the French Revolutionary Wars, Austrian Empire military personnel of the Napoleonic Wars, Wikipedia articles incorporating a citation from the 1911 Encyclopaedia Britannica with Wikisource reference, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles containing Hungarian-language text, Articles with unsourced statements from November 2019, Articles with unsourced statements from October 2010, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz identifiers, Wikipedia articles with RKDartists identifiers, Wikipedia articles with SUDOC identifiers, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Maria Josepha, Princess von und zu Liechtenstein, Maria Theresia, Countess Erdödy de Monyorokerek et Monoszlo. He succeeded his brother Paul II Anthony in 1762, and was succeeded by his son Anthony in 1790. When Nikolaus succeeded his father as prince, he partially revived the Esterházy musical establishment, which had flourished (with a full orchestra and opera company) under his grandfather Nikolaus I, but had been severely cut back by his father Anton. The Kingdom of Bavaria awarded him the Military Order of St. Hubert and the House of Hannover awarded him the Grand Cross of the Guelphic Order in 1816. He employed a curator, Joseph Fischer, who was also a landscape painter and engraver. He served Haydn posthumously in 1820 by his vigorous—though unsuccessful—efforts to recover the composer's stolen skull. בתחום The letter is printed in Geiringer (1982, 92–93). He succeeded his brother Paul II Anthony in 1762, and was succeeded by his son Anthony in 1790. He treated the world-famous composer as a servant, addressing him with the low-status pronoun "Er" and calling him merely "Haydn" ("Herr Haydn" or indeed "Dr. Haydn" would have been more respectful, given that Haydn had received an honorary degree from Oxford University). שנחתם בדצמבר 1870 , נמכר אוסף ההדפסים והרישומים (ובו Nikolaus I, Prince Esterházy (Hungarian: Esterházy I. Miklós, German: Nikolaus I. Joseph Fürst Esterhazy; 18 December 1714 – 28 September 1790) was a Hungarian prince, a member of the famous Esterházy family. He was later made a Lieutenant Field-Marshal.". Prinec Nicholas I was a younger son of Prince Joseph Simon Anthony. In Jones, David Wyn, Thomas Günter (2010) "Esterházy". Media in category "Nikolaus I, Prince Esterházy" The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total. באופן מושלם כישוריו של יוזף פישר בשאפתנותו של הנסיך. Keizer Jozef II kende uit erkentelijkheid de prinselijke titel - die voorheen aan het familiehoofd was voorbehouden - toe aan alle leden van het geslacht Esterházy. משמעותית של יצירות אמנות. את Hierdoor kreeg het slot de bijnaam Hongaars Versailles. המגוון שלו עלו באיכותם ובכמותם רק אוסף ה"הוֹפבּיבּליוֹתֶק" [19], The restoration began in 1795, after Nikolaus had returned from his Italian art-collecting journey (June 1795) and Haydn had returned from his final visit to London (August). מוזיאון לאמנויות, בודפשט. Download this stock image: Portrait of Prince Nikolaus I, Prince Esterhazy, Hungarian politician. The greenhouses were divided into rooms controlled for temperature and humidity. He was also "intensely musical" (Robbins Landon and Jones, 35), and he played the cello, the viola da gamba, and his favourite instrument, the difficult and now-obscure baryton. Haydn was touchingly loyal to his prince, but probably felt a certain sense of relief when Nikolaus finally died, on 28 September 1790. [1] According to Mraz (2009b), the marriage was not a happy one (see below, "debauchery"). He took the title of Prince on his brother's death. Prince Nicholas I of Esterházy (German: Fürst Nikolaus I Esterházy von Galántha; Hungarian: Ispán Miklós I Eszterházy de Galántha) (1714 - 1790) was the Imperial Prince of Esterházy von Galántha (1762 - 1790). Hij was een kleinzoon van Paul I Esterházy, broer van Paul II Anton Esterházy en grootvader van Nicolaas II Esterházy. From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository, Nicola I Esterházy (it); Nicolas Ier Joseph Esterházy (fr); Miklós József Esterházy de Galántha (ca); Nikolaus I. Joseph Esterházy de Galantha (de); Nikolaus Esterházy (vi); Nikolaus I, Prince Esterhazy (sq); Эстерхази, Миклош Иосиф (ru); 尼古劳斯一世 (zh); Mikuláš I. Josef Esterházy z Galanty (cs); Nicolaas I Jozef Esterházy (sl); ニコラウス・ヨーゼフ・エステルハージ (ja); Esterházy Miklós József (hu); Nikolaus Esterházy (io); Nikolaus I. Joseph Esterházy de Galantha (sv); Miklós József Esterházy (pl); ניקולאוס אסטרהאזי (he); Nicolaas I Jozef Esterházy (nl); 尼古勞斯一世 (zh-hant); 尼古劳斯一世 (zh-cn); Nikolaus I, Prince Esterházy (es); 니콜라우스 에스테르하지 (ko); Nikolaus I, Prince Esterházy (en); Miklós József Esterházy (eo); 尼古劳斯一世 (zh-hans); Nikolaus Esterházy (oc) венгерский дворянин (ru); Feldmarschall (de); (1714–1790) herceg, császári-királyi tábornok (hu); Hungarian prince (en); prionsa Ungárach (ga); arystokrata węgierski (pl); maďarský princ (cs); Hongaars soldaat (1714-1790) (nl) Nikolaus Esterházy (it); エステルハージ・ミクローシュ・ヨージェフ (ja); Nicolas Ier Esterházy, Nikolaus Esterházy (fr); Nikolaus I. Joseph Książę Esterházy, Miklos Jozsef Esterhazy, Nikolaus I Joseph Esterházy, Esterházy Miklós József (pl); Nikolaus Joseph Esterházy, Nikolaus Joseph Esterhazy, Nicolaas I Jozef Esterhazy (nl); Миклош Иосиф Эстерхази (ru); Nikolaus I. Joseph Fürst Esterházy (de); Nikolaus I, Prince Esterházy (sq); Miklos Jozsef Esterhazy de Galántha, Nikolaus Esterházy, Miklos Jozsef Esterhazy de Galantha, Miklos József Esterhazy de Galántha (ca); Esterházy I. Miklós, Pompakedvelő Miklós, Fényes Miklós, Esterházy Miklós (hu), Library of Congress authority ID: n90634183, EsterhazyBarytonInHungarianNationalMuseum.jpg, Fertod-kastelypark-Esterhazy-szobor-2013.11.01-10.06.05x.jpg, Nikolaus I Esterhazy official portrait.JPG, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Nikolaus_I,_Prince_Esterházy&oldid=437923687, Uses of Wikidata Infobox with no family name, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. "[16], According to Mraz (2009a), Nikolaus was known "for his debauched lifestyle, keeping what amounted to a private brothel in the Landstraße". Deze pagina is voor het laatst bewerkt op 28 jun 2020 om 15:46. Prince Anton Esterházy built considerably, despite his being in power for only a short time (1790–94). July 05, 1869. This page was last edited on 9 August 2020, at 04:00. Robbins Landon narrates Nikolaus's marriage thus: "On 4 March 1737, he married Freiin Marie Elisabeth, daughter of Reichsgraf (Count of the Holy Roman Empire) Ferdinand von Weissenwolf". [18], Haydn biographer Karl Geiringer describes Nikolaus II thus: "He was as complete an autocrat as his grandfather had been, but lacked the latter's charm, kindliness, and genuine understanding of music . Among the artists represented were Andrea del Sarto, Corregio, Raphael, and Claude Lorrain. In his youth he was a decorated soldier. Of the 106 symphonies, those following the series written for Count Morzin (Haydn's first employer) and for Paul Anton, and before the Paris symphonies of the late 1780s, were written specifically at Nikolaus's instigation. [1] He is remembered as the principal employer of the composer Joseph Haydn. Of his military career, Robbins Landon notes[2] that he achieved, "considerable distinction, particularly as Colonel at the Battle of Kolin (1757) in the Seven Years' War where, with great personal courage, he led the wavering cavalry troops to victory.

How To Make Tofu Recipe, In Concert Book, How To Tell If Someone Has No Friends, How Many Hours Is Full-time In A Year, What To Serve With Ham For Easter, Student Internet Plans, Stainless Steel Scoopula, Earth 2160 Units, Purification Of Vanillyl Alcohol,