Sir in the chopped pecans. It’s called that because it rises as it bakes & falls as it cools. 2) To make the cake: Mix all of the ingredients except the apples and nuts in a large bowl. Thanks for the recipe! It only has 5 ingredients. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/265507/old-fashioned-brown-sugar-cake ... 2-1/3 cups brown sugar (about 1 pound) 1 tsp vanilla extract; 1 cup chopped pecans; Instructions. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Cool 5 minutes and spoon on warm cake). Stir vanilla extract and almond extract into buttermilk. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Add eggs one at a time and beat until just blended. The name comes from how the cake rises in the oven, and then sinks as it cools. We use it as a great holiday favorite but I usually sneak it in a couple times a year. The cake was HUGE, moist & smelled wonderful when baking. Then add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, stirring in each one until smooth. First time to make this and was very satisfied with end result. You just stir all the ingredients in a bowl, spread it in your cake pan, & bake. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and prepare your 10 cup bundt pan with shortening and flour or … Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. There is a printable recipe below this ingredient list with the exact measurements. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I made sure to really whip the sugar and butter adding both gradually to really keep it light and fluffy and added each egg slowly as well. I beat the sugars/butter for about 8 minutes & another 3-4 minutes after adding eggs. Sprinkle a bag of chocolate chips over the top before baking. This is a delicious moist and flavorful cake. I read earlier comments.. You shouldn't lessen the sugar it'll make the cake less dense. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Thanks for a great recipe. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. I sprinkled a bit of powdered sugar around the plate when I served it. Grease and flour a fluted tube pan. Delicious! That’s it. Personally I thought this was bland and too crumbly (2-stars at best) BUT my family gives this a 4-star rating. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. I think I found a new pound cake recipe. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Stir constantly over low heat. 1 1/2 tsp. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I think that pretty much sums it up. Combine in heavy 2 quart saucepan, butter, milk and brown sugar. Followed exactly - came out great! Bring to a boil and let boil for 2 minutes. It's a cake where the whole is definitely more than the sum of the parts. Great texture and flavor. WOW! 1 c. brown sugar, firmly packed. Wow! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Info. Also it's very important to add sugar very slowly. Also, I added 1/2 tsp salt to the dry ingredients.

Black Forest Overture Alto Sax, Kelowna October Weather, Joy Division Guitar Settings, All Ears English Episode 1, Plant-based Collagen Powder, Toss A Coin To Your Witcher Strumming Pattern,