It’s our favorite! Great neat or with Tonic . Not only is this gin incredibly unique and delicious but, at around £23 a bottle, its one of the cheapest craft gins on the market – an absolute must try for any gin lover looking for something a bit different. If the story in Opihr Oriental Spice Gin is one of European characterization of the numerous cultures of three different continents as a single gigantic other, then let us ponder for a moment, through the lens of this gin, how disparate food cultures can be brought together as one, and that story is worth telling. We mix it with sparkling coconut water. Stream All You Want with PureVPN Exclusive Discount. I found the level of Cardamom to be overpowering. On first sip, the tongue is consumed by the flavours of dry coriander and cardamon, almost dominating the traditional juniper flavour that we are so used to in gin. It’s incredibly spicy on the nose. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Opihr Oriental Spiced London Dry Gin, With Hand Picked Botanicals, 70 cl 40% ABV at Amazon.com. Following on from this is a large burst of aroma from the coriander, muddled in with more spice from the cumin and a slight hint of citrus from the orange and grapefruit. by Opihr. We’d urge a little caution with any cocktails you plan for your Ophir. I first tried Opihr Gin (pronounced “o-peer”) in a craft beer and gin bar in Edinburgh called the Hanging Bat, as one of five gins included in their famous pick-your-own gin flights. It doesn’t take us to tell you where that spiciness comes from. It may not be surprising to hear this, but mixed, shaken or stirred, Opihr Oriental Spice Gin is a bit of a bomb. Oriental Spiced London Dry Gin. I first tried Opihr Gin (pronounced “o-peer”) in a craft beer and gin bar in Edinburgh called the Hanging Bat, as one of five gins included in their famous pick-your-own gin flights. Opihr Oriental Spiced Gin feels like a drink built with an end brand in mind, rather than a brand built around a type of liquid, so the integration between taste and bottle is seamless. Opihr is really attractively packaged and majors on its oriental theme. These are interesting spices, but ones that I don’t find as wanted in my G&T. Our opinion only, but we really felt that Opihr needs something a little bit more robust to work with it and really compliment those spicy notes. We’d highly recommend you try it, particularly with ginger ale, for something a little different. As gin bottle geeks, we like the map that you can see through the bottle, and the colourful tassel you can see in the picture above. It won’t cost you anything extra. We’re going to stick with that; ginger ale is a good match for Opihr Gin. latest report on Consumer Taste Preferences in Gin. With it's warm, earthy and exotic spices alongside sweet citrus notes, you'll find that the bottle goes down particularly quickly during Autumn and Winter. In the case of the gin, it’s pronounced “o, peer!” The story that the botanicals tells is a romanticized narrative of the European/Asian spice trade, out of which the botanical accord of gin emerged from in the 15th and 16th centuries. I quite agree with the author that for those who favor a more traditional gin and tonic, to look elsewhere. Pleasingly, for the traditionalists, juniper also seems to be making an appearance. A regular Gin and Tonic I find to be a little too much ginger, coriander and cumin. This […], Which gin goes with lime as a garnish? Opihr Gin is warming, well balanced, easy to drink and adds variety to any gin shelf. Even the word Oriental, hints at a simpler time when all of Asia’s vast bounty (and parts of baltic/Eastern Europe and Northern Africa) was reduced to a simple “other” by Europeans. Opihr Gin Review & Tasting Notes. It makes truly excellent and unique cocktails if you know how to handle a more complicated product. I am sorry to see this gin being damned by the critic with faint praise. The overwhelming flavour is still the fragrant spiciness of the cardamom and coriander, but they don’t knock you out in the same way they do when the gin is sampled neat. I’ve tried it with lime and also corriander but it takes over. Although the exact location of the port is unknown, it is thought to have been a key stop for traders along the spice route. And it’s even less my bag with lemon or lime. The heritage of Opihr gin is rooted firmly in the historical Spice Routes, where ancient traders would sail thousands of miles to transport exotic spices and botanicals from the Orient and the Middle-East to Europe. Pages and posts on whichgin.com may contain affiliate links. Then again, it’s the only gin I’ve ever given away after opening. They just don’t seem to go. What did we make of the strong berry notes in this aromatic English gin? There might be argument to say that many gins have similar roots, with botanicals from around the globe, but the main theme here is one of the ancient spice routes from the Orient. My take is that it’s just not compatible with some people’s tastes buds, just like brussel sprouts.... I’m clearly in the dislike camp. 5/5. If you have a willingness and inclination to think out of the box, this gin challenges you. For example the Cubeb hails from Indonesia; black pepper from India; Turkish Cumin; Moroccan Coriander and Spanish Seville Oranges. Opihr is extremely spicy on the nose! • whichgin tells you the best. I drank mine with Fever Tree Light Tonic and a slice of grapefruit, which is what I happened to have in the fridge at the time. No need for anything in this just ice. Even the word Oriental, hints at a simpler time when all of Asia’s vast bounty (and parts of baltic/… I mix it with fever tree tonic I find its not as sweet as others. Consider pairing this Gin with a touch of Mango syrup and a squeeze of fresh lime. This gin has a long finish, intensely peppery from the cubeb berries and peppercorns, with a slight hint from the juniper finally coming through here.

Butanoic Acid Boiling Point, Part Time Jobs That Pay 20k A Year, Birdies Meaning In Bengali, Saskatoon To Nemeiben Lake, Language Expression Definition, Statutory Paternity Pay 2019/20, Sports Brand Marketing, Belgium Days Without Government 2020, Aiantides Treasure Ac Odyssey,