Water/Pebble Meditation Imagine one pebble in your hand. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. The fourth pebble represents the sky (space) and the qualities of freedom, happiness, and peace. It is okay that your emotions are stirred; it is part of human nature. The plan comes complete with fun games, creative activities, mindful movement, stories, meditations, center ideas, and more for an entire week of deep breathing practice. Breathing out, I feel fresh.” The pebble represents the fresh, beautiful garden that connects you to the beauty of earth and its animal kingdom. Materials needed: printed cards, four pebbles of your choice and a pouch. Or, if your child feels scared, remind them of the brave, strong mountain they have inside of them. I ask the children to describe the flower and ask what the flower means to them. Imagine one pebble in your hand. Template for customizing your own version. Also, when you feel frightened, depressed, or uneasy in life’s struggles, imagine the pebble in your hand and repeat the words, “Breathing in, I am a mountain. When I teach Pebble Meditation, I first show the children a picture of Thich Nhat Hanh to introduce them to this great “teacher of peace”. Pebble meditation is a children’s meditation technique designed or adapted by the Zen teacher Thich Nhat Hanh. You then sit down comfortably (feel free to sit on a chair, with your back straight), and place the pebbles on your side. Honestly, it is for children and adults, for we have forgotten how closely we connect to nature’s elements. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Things like love and beauty, strength and bravery, calm and focus, and peace and happiness. I ask the children to describe the mountain and ask how it might feel to be a mountain. Introduction to Pebble Meditation and Discussion Starters. Breathing out, I reflect things as they are.”. Breathing out, I feel solid. T h er e i s a f l ow er i n ea c h of u s. Pebble Meditation reminds us that we already have these special qualities within us, and that as we practice this meditation, these qualities will grow even stronger. After introducing Pebble Meditation, invite children to fill out this practice sheet and reflect concretely on what makes them feel like a flower, fresh and energetic (like maybe when they go swimming, or take a shower, or wake up from a nap, or play with friends, or go for a bike ride). Flower/Pebble Meditation Just click the button below the picture for instant access to ALL of the free mindfulness resources in the library. It’s hard to believe but this month I am wrapping up my Mindful Me-school programs for the year. Complete freedom or liberation is also the nondualistic state of awareness that opens a space in our body, speech, and mind to the possibilities of fullness. Breathing out, I feel free.”. 1. You can grab your free copy in the Mindfulness Library. And even if we forget about them, they are always there. I show a picture of the wide open sky with the fourth pebble and discuss the qualities represented by the sky like freedom, peace, and happiness. You can even assign people like family members and friends to the pebbles. Breathing out, I feel fresh.”. It also reminds us that no one can ever take any of these qualities away from us. The practice connects children, and their parents or caregivers, with their breath, bodies and the natural world around them. PEBBLE MEDITATION Pi c k u p th e f i r st p eb b l e, l ook a t i t, a n d p l a c e i t i n y ou r h a n d . Super powers that help them to feel happy and to help them through difficult moments. You are a beautiful flower transformed by love and compassion and the interdependence of the entire universe! ( Log Out /  Ask them how it would feel to fly across the wide open sky. At times, your emotions stir like water; you seem to be troubled and cannot collect or understand a situation. Hold the pebble in your hand. Honestly, it is for children and adults, for we have forgotten how closely we connect to nature’s elements. Pebble Meditation reminds us that we already have these special qualities within us, and that as we practice this meditation, these qualities will grow even stronger. Prior to beginning this meditation practice, you will need to gather four different pebbles each representing distinct aspects of your true nature to live in happiness and free of fear and suffering. Breathing out, I feel free.” Space is endless and beyond categories or concepts. Then, I show the children the pebbles and explain that each pebble represents a “super power” that we all have inside of us. Pebble meditation. When this happens, think of the Water/Pebble meditation and all the emotions inside of you will remain stirred but soon reflect like sunlight on the water or swim like tadpoles in a creek. You can read more about Pebble Meditation in Thich Nhat Hanh’s book, A Handful of Quiet: Happiness in Four Pebbles. Make a list of qualities you would like to work on strengthening with your kids and then pick a familiar object to represent that abstract quality. Heck, you don’t even have to use pebbles. And so, as I was preparing the Pebble Meditation lesson plan, I thought I would share my version of the script with you, too. Another idea is to go outside and have your kids chose their own pebbles or other small objects that speak to them straight from nature. The first pebble represents a flower and the qualities of love, beauty, and curiosity. Space/Pebble Meditation Take a deep breath and say, “Breathing in, I am water. Your email address will not be published. They are ours to keep, forever. [audio:MM-Four-Pebble-Meditation.mp3] Adapted fromThich Nhat Hanh’s “LivingWithout Stress or Fear”…. I explain that he created this meditation for children to help them understand and remember that they have special super powers inside them. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. You can assign any qualities that your kids may need to work on to the pebbles. ( Log Out /  Then, we discuss how the mountain represents bravery and strength. Pebble meditation is a children’s meditation technique designed or adapted by the Zen teacher Thich Nhat Hanh. You are water reflecting the play of emotions, thoughts, and suffering of self and all beings across the earth! Also, when you are feeling anger or irritation at anything, imagine that pebble in your hand and repeat the words, “Breathing in, I am a flower. Even a marble can work. With the third pebble, I show a picture of still water. After you practice Pebble Meditation a few times, you can adapt it and make it your own. Hold a different or the same pebble in your hand. Flower/Pebble… ( Log Out /  If you have rocks near you, collect them. Breathing out, I reflect things as they are.” When you look at a lake, creek, or pond, we can see through some of the water and watch the fish swimming, the rocks collecting moss, and the sunlight reflecting on the surface of water. Breathing out, I feel solid.”. Pebble Meditation was created by Thich Nhat Hanh, a great teacher of peace. Get your calm on! Even a marble can work. Three additional versions of Pebble Meditation, 2. It’s been a whole year of deep breathing, meditation, mindful games, and creative activities as I taught preschoolers some tools for getting through difficult moments and for building character. Therefore, imagine the pebble in your hand and repeat the words, “Breathing in, I am water. Instead of reacting against our emotions, it is better to look directly at them. Let me know below.

Pr Medical Abbreviation Route, Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat Pdf, Diners, Drive-ins And Dives North Dakota, Second Hand Office Desks, Fort Walsh Saskatchewan, Cinnamon Roll Recipe,