Girls have trouble committing to one private part too. Yes, you can have that, and you deserve that. 7 Reasons Why You Should Stay Single In Your Twenties You Get to Discover Who You Really Are Many people, including myself at one point, lose their identity once they date someone. Excerpted from The Strength In Our Scars by Bianca Sparacino. People outgrow each other. Serious Relationships In Your 20s | Cuties Live, Accidental Virgin: I'm Terrified Of My First Relationship Ending. I was present in every moment and felt every raw emotion without having another person upon whom to unload. What are you willing to put up with and what drives you crazy? There is absolutely nothing wrong in being in a relationship and more so, if it’s a successful relationship at any given point in time. Our 20s is a pivotal time for all of us in determining the course of our lives. BUT, you need to learn how to discern those feelings and see what you like and don’t like about people. While my friends dismissed their emotional baggage to PMS or daddy issues, I worked on figuring out why I was self-centered, why I randomly got jealous and why I got ferocious Nutella cravings after bad days (the jury is still out on that one, FYI). Why should you date multiple people? But, to all of my fellow 20-something single-aspirers: Do not be discouraged. If there weren’t any benefits, people wouldn’t do it. Veni, Vidi, Vici. “You are the only person who gets to decide if you are happy or not—do not put your happiness into the hands of other people. By subscribing, you agree to the terms of our Privacy Statement. The 26 points don’t state the observable and obvious, it’s hard earned wisdom from a whole host of dads. What is meant for you, will always be for you, even if they leave, if it’s meant to be it will happen. But do we truly understand the value of it? In no way, shape or form am I saying girls in relationships are emotionally unstable or have poor character. My single years have been the most emotionally rich and spiritually uplifting moments of my life. I should know — I spent almost all of my 20s flying solo. I don’t know. I got my heart broken in the most gut-wrenching way possible, which resulted in me picking up and moving across the country with two of my best friends. Toxic! The guy got too wasted watching Kate Bush videos and by the time I was going to make my move in bed, he vomited all over the place. 6 Healthy Reasons to Be in a Relationship When you take responsibility for doing the inner work to learn to love and value yourself, you become filled up with love to share, and it is fulfilling to share your love with a partner. Questions that can only truly be answered after you have gained some experience dating. Our 20s is a pivotal time for all of us in determining the course of our lives. It was not easy to always be the girl without a date at every birthday party or wedding. 90% of my best girlfriends are in relationships and the number one thing I’ve heard from those who’ve been with their boyfriend for A LONG, LONG TIME is, “Wait but I want to sleep with other dudes. I know this sounds ridiculous, but like I’m 26 and whenever I meet someone who’s 22 or 23 — even if I love them — I’m just like, “Go back into the oven because you aren’t done yet.” Three years do make a major difference in your 20s because every year is like a giant epiphany. Do I still have issues? Let’s just say I was single and more than ready to mingle. Sure I did. You are the author of your own misfortunes, DiggE-mailReddit   Since the warm season and some R&R is good for, DiggE-mailReddit   Emotional intelligence is the ability to identify a, DiggE-mailReddit   “All good things must come to an end.” Surely y, DiggE-mailReddit Everybody loves a bad boy. I was just having a ton of Cyndi-Lauper-style fun in my new city. The Relationship Is More Than Physical Since you can’t see Taking this time to love yourself properly is crucial, and if you don’t, you may find yourself in relationships that under appreciate your value! Yes we want love, but honestly, getting to the money should come first. While you may be great at taking care of yourself, but at this time you’re a little more selfish than you will be sometime in the future and that’s absolutely okay, because sometimes being selfish teaches you a lot! My friends constantly swapped stories about where their latest boyfriends took them, or how they talked on the phone for hours, and all I could contribute was how thought-provoking the latest Jodi Picoult novel was. To be honest, every time you see each other will feel like a vacation. But, being single forced me to look within rather than channel all my emotional energy into infusing myself with another person. So, maybe don’t get into anything so serious, so you don’t hurt the other person. Although these are all attractions to most people and the fact of having zero commitment to another person does sound appealing, so does sharing in a life-long memory with someone else to enjoy that moment of time with. Being in a serious long-term relationship, however, limits your options. Or the person you’re with landed a great job but it’s in bumblefuck nowhere. Take your time, date, and the right person will prevail through it all. You get to be your own validation. Kids at 30 is not too old. After all those years of dealing with myself, I am finally ready to deal with someone else. Your 20s is your time to make mistakes financially, invest in your business, and spend time saving up for your future. 12. It was fifty shades of yay and I was all about it. It’s imperative that you take the time to date yourself, and learn to love yourself more than anyone else ever can. This is your time to explore career options, take jobs in odd places, make leaps of faith, and build start up businesses. Your twenties are a time when your youthful energy and health are at an all time high. Our 20s is a pivotal time for all of us in determining the course of our lives. You won’t accept anything less than what you feel you deserve and you will hold others to a high standard because that’s what you require for your own self. You’ll see a lot more responsibility in yourself while picking a life partner later in life, but in your twenties, it’s all about looks and who’s hot and who is not. Sure, I didn’t have that other half to depend on when I was feeling lonely, and I didn’t have someone to tell me I was still beautiful when I put on a few pounds. Trace the scars life has left you. Here are 7 reasons to avoid a serious relationship in your 20s: At this point in time you’re looking for stability yes, but you’re not stable enough to give it to someone else. You can’t be selfish… entirely. My life today doesn’t resemble that in the slightest. It’s not because they don’t love their partner. After several months of casual dates, I started to grow weary of the whole process. Being alone gave me the time and emotional availability to dissect those issues at their roots before they grew into massive character flaws. You possess the desire to experience new things because you are older, but not too old to be looked down upon. You have to go with, right? During my first several months, I went on quite the date-a-thon, which ranged from the bearded hipster in Venice to the golden-haired surfer from Malibu. 20s is that point in life where you pursue the job of your dreams or study further so as to land in your favorite profession. The brain is the biggest sex organ and falling for somebody’s intellect can create a recipe for amazing sex! There is plenty of time in life to find the one you truly want to spend the rest of your life with and maybe your twenties can be kept for finding your true purpose instead, so you can live that purpose thereon. Now is the time to do so! She could not live without music. The term self-love has become more of a trending discussion than ever. You’re stumbling between work and partying your life away and to find the stability to carry forth a relationship, might be a tad tough for you. Are you over the city you currently live in? (VIDEO), Ariana Grande Singing Opera With Andrea Bocelli Will Give You The Chills (Video), Pre-Order Ryan Adams’ Album Covering Taylor Swift’s “1989″ That Will Be Released September 21, Justin Bieber Debuts Acoustic Version Of “What Do you Mean”, Breaks Spotify Record (VIDEO), Jennifer Lopez Pays Touching Tribute to Selena (VIDEO), Dancing With The Stars Season 21: Everything You Need To Know From The Season Premiere, Netflix And Marvel Announce Jessica Jones Original Series, November 20, 2015 (VIDEO), Zombie Themed “Walking Dead” Cruise Will Set Sail In January, Interview With Chuck Palahniuk About The Release Of Fight Club 2 And His Talk Of James Franco In A Comic Book, 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 and Targa 4 Officially Revealed, Nudes Beware: Snapchat Update Allows You To Pay $1.00 To Replay A Snap 3 Times, Banking Firm Pays For College Tuition Of Employees Children Who Lost Their Lives On 9/11, “I Could Have And Should Have Done A Better Job” Hillary Clinton Discusses Private Email, Donald Trump and Iran (VIDEO), The Microsoft Hololens, The Product To Make Every Designer And Gamers Dreams Come True, 12 Websites College Students Need To Know, 5 Things To Teach Children To Help Them Excel In Life, Man Seeing Color For The First Time Will Bring You Chills (VIDEO), Great News For Shoeaholics: Infograph On How To Get The Most Out Of Your Shoes, 10 Of The Most Exclusive Credit Cards In The World, Here Is A Map Of A Road Trip Across The U.S. Your 20s are a time when you can hop around and basically do whatever the hell you want. Not saying that you can’t do all of this in a relationship, but the freedom of being single is unmatched. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if someone dislikes you or if someone doesn’t want to be with you. But, trust me when I say, the rainbow at the end of this storm is sweeter than 10 jars of Nutella combined (if you can’t tell by now, I like Nutella). […], […] a few hours ago, and it’s given me something else to ponder today (imagine that…): http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/3-reasons-why-being-in-a-relationship-in-your-20s-is-hard/As I was reading through these three points my thoughts […], […] 3 Reasons Why Being In A Relationship In Your 20s Is Hard […], […] -Ryan O’Connell {via Thought Catalog} […], […] http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/3-reasons-why-being-in-a-relationship-in-your-20s-is-hard/ […], […] 3 Reasons Why Being In A Relationship In Your 20s Is … – Girls< 1. There is no reason that we should listen to you rant about how we need to use these years to selfishly experience our own life by ourself from people who couldn’t even keep their marriage in order. I was in a serious relationship from ages 19-22. Besides, you’ll meet a lot of attractive women you’d want to get to know and you should do that perhaps, and not get into something serious. Like and share! I learned what made me tick, what made me happy and how I deserved to be treated because I was already treating myself that way. You’d probably want to get all of that out of your system before you make a commitment to someone else. I’ll spare you the long-winded details, as this post is not meant to be a personal pity party, but it all started in college. Meet Omar Cook, Creator and Editor of 247 Live Culture! Don’t let  a serious relationship derail you from pursuing your dream job early or finishing up school. The process is long and hard, and there are still many nights of Nutella binges and "The Notebook" on repeat. The days are gone when people are looking for marriage at 18, 19, 20 and millennials are holding off on having kids until older ages. Sometimes what you go to school for may not even be what you end up doing. Our generation has seen more than most. Dedicated to your stories and ideas. How to Keep Romantic Comedies From Ruining Your Love Life, Why Labeling Asian Americans as the Model Minority Is an Insult To Blacks, Words Have Power, Beautiful Stranger — & I’m Taking Mine Back, The Power of Resilience: Harnessing the West Belfast Experience, How To Get Motivated When You Are Depressed. Being scrutinized, judged and analyzed for being in a relationship in your 20s is something that just comes with the territory.

Weber Spirit E-320 Dimensions, Literature Review Of Coconut, Best Schools In St Thomas Virgin Islands, Jobs In Hartsville, Sc, Asha Gowda Movies List, Hendrick's Orbium Cocktails, Radium Box Order Tracking, Halo Mcc Pc Connection Interrupted Co-op, Dark Slate Green, How To Act Like A Lady Etiquette, What Is Sec Trig,