Renaud became the Count of Roucy around or before 955 by King Lothair. Perhaps Todd Farmerie will comment on whether there is any evidence that the elder Renaud came from Denmark. Rhiwallon ap Cynfyn. Watson. ), by Bouchard (1987, p. 269; 2001, p. 18), and by Baldwin. Parents: unknown Spouse: Alberade de Lorraine. GREAT NEWS! Try again later. 319-320). Use the links under “See more…” to quickly search for other people with the same last name in the same cemetery, city, county, etc. Complete source citations for facts about the children on this page are currently outside of the scope of this project. Oops, something didn't work. He was born in 986, the son of Otto-William, Count of Burgundy (the first Count) and Adelaide Ermentrude of Reims and Roucy. Enter a valid email address and a feedback message. His necrology records the death of "Brunonis episcopi Lingonice" aged 60 after 36 years in his bishopric but does not specify his date of death[1044]. Renaud died in 10 May 967 and was buried at the Abbey of Saint-Remi. (1896). since his lineage carries me back to Charlemagne. Note: Alan Wilson names Renaud's father as Rognvald (a Dane) of Burgundy. A Viking, he may have been installed originally as military chief at Reims after Artaud was restored as archbishop in 946. Sign in|Recent Site Activity|Report Abuse|Print Page|Powered By Google Sites, The date is given by Cawley. Make sure that the file is a photo. Death of Ragenold (Renaud) I de Rheims 1st conde pal... Burial of Ragenold (Renaud) I de Rheims 1st conde pa... "Reginald", "Ragenold", "The /Advocate/", "Renaud de Roucy Ct /de Roucy/", "Isaac /Remi/", "Reinaldo de Roucy", "Renaud de Rheims", "1st conde palatin", Comte, de Roucy, de Reims, 940, COUNT OF ROUCY AND RHEIMS, Comte de Roucy, Comte de Reims-967( Ragenold de Roucy ), Known as a Viking who became the military chief of Reims after the restoration of Artald of Reims., Count of Roucy, a Viking, Ermentrude (married firstly to Aubry II of Mâcon, secondly to Otto-William, Count of Burgundy). Flowers added to the memorial appear on the bottom of the memorial or here on the Flowers tab. "Rainaldus Remensis comitis" subscribed a charter dated to [948/54] relating to the foundation of the abbey of Charlieu[1025]. Flodoard names "Ragenaldus comes et Dodo frater ipsius" in 947[1024]. Add to your scrapbook. "Ermentrudis" is named as daughter of "Alberada filia …Gerbergæ" in the Continuator of Flodoard, which does not name either her father or her husband but specifies that Ermentrudis was the mother of Agnes (Ctss de Poitou)[1030], the latter naming both her parents in charters[1031]. Found more than one record for entered Email, You need to confirm this account before you can sign in. Failed to delete memorial. Pedigree report of Renaud I Count Palatine of Burgundy, son of Otto Guillaume Comte De Bourgogne and Ermentrude De Roucy, born in 0990 in ,,Bourgogne,France. Failed to remove flower. Photos larger than 8Mb will be reduced. The name of the region Franche-Comté is derived from his title, franc-compte, meaning "free count". “Those of My Blood”: Constructing Noble Families in Medieval Francia (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2001). Ermentrude (married firstly to Aubry II of Mâcon, secondly to Otto-William, Count of Burgundy) Giselbert (Gilbert of Roucy) who succeeded his father as Count of Roucy in May 967. RAGENOLD [Renaud] (-10 May 967, bur Abbaye de Saint-Rémy). Bouchard highlights the absence of proof that the husband of Alberade of Lotharingia was Ragenold Comte de Roucy[1028]. Renaud I, count of Burgundy. We have a volunteer within ten miles of your requested photo location. Comte de Roucy. Henry's brother Hugh was duke of Burgundy, and married to Sybille of Nevers. Parisse states Reginald's wife was Agatha, daughter of the duke of Lorraine. Comte Renaud & his wife had four children: a) ERMENTRUDE ([947/52]-[5 Oct 1002/1004]). GREAT NEWS! Count of Burgundy. If you notice a problem with the translation, please send a message to feedback@findagrave.com and include a link to the page and details about the problem. Original Message----- From: GRHaleJr AT cs.com [mailto:GRHaleJr AT cs.com] Sent: Friday, 1 December 2000 9:04 To: GEN-MEDIEVAL-L AT rootsweb.com Subject: Renaud de Roucy. 1. For Edits select Suggest Edits on the memorial page. Renaud II Ivrea de Bourgogne, Count of Burgundy, Count of Mâcon, was born 1061 to Guillaume I de Bourgogne (1020-1087) and Etiennette (given name) and died 1097 of unspecified causes. Renaud I, count of Nevers. A Viking, he may have been installed originally as military chief at Reims after Artaud was restored as archbishop in 946. RAGENOLD [Renaud] (circa 931-10 May 967, bur Abbaye de Saint-Rémy). Leo van de Pas agrees with Alan, giving Ragenold "the Viking" a birth year of c900, which would not agree with Settipani's identification of him nor his ancestry, so I am omitting it. Two epitaphs in the church of Saint-Rémy, Marly relate to "Ragenolde" and "Albrada", although neither refers to each other[1027]. He was born in 986, the son of Otto-William, Count of Burgundy (the first Count) and Adelaide Ermentrude of Reims and Roucy.In 1016, he married Adelaide of Normandy, They had four sons and two daughters:William I de Bourgogne (1020 – 1087), who succeeded him as count of Burgundy.Brionne Gui or Gui de Bourgogne (v 1025-1069), elevated to the Court of Normandy, who wanted to succeed to the Duchy of Normandy against his cousin William of Normandy (future Guillaume the Conqueror). Becoming a Find a Grave member is fast, easy and FREE. Renaud or Ragenold, Count of Roucy (b: abt 920 or 931 - d: 10 May 967). There is a problem with your email/password. Previously, he had been the count of Mâcon since his father's death in 1102, with his brother, William of Vienne. The claim that the elder Renaud was a Dane depends on identifying him with the Viking raider Ragenold, who according to the Annalist Flodoard was invading France at about the same time as Rollo of Normandy. m FROMOND [II] Comte de Sens, son of RENARD [I] Comte de Sens & his wife --- (-1012). c) daughter . Your account has been locked for 30 minutes due to too many failed sign in attempts. Baldwin, Stewart. His parentage is deduced from Rodulfus Glaber stating that "Willemus, Henrici ducis priuignus, Adalberti Longobardorum ducis filius" married the sister of "Brunone Lingonensi episcopo", when recording that the latter supported his brother-in-law in the latter's rebellion against the king [Robert II][1041]. To suggest a correction or addition, visit the memorial page and click Suggest Edits. The claim that the elder Renaud was a Dane depends on identifying him with the Viking raider Ragenold, who according to the annalist Flodoard was invading France at about the same time as Rollo of Normandy. This information is part of by on Genealogy Online. Abbey of St. Remy, Rheims, Marne, Champaigne-Ardenne, France, Alberade de Lothringen (Lorraine) von Hennegau von Hainault de Roucy, Countess of Lorraine, http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cousin/html/p325.htm#i7077, http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cousin/html/index.htm. For help using the website visit our help page or contact support@findagrave.com. is Herbert II, although his father is Hubert/Herbert also. Alix seems to have married a different Lord of Grandson, however. b) GISELBERT ([948/55]-[19 Apr 991/1000], maybe 997, bur Abbaye de Saint-Rémy). Please contact Find a Grave at support@findagrave.com if you need help resetting your password. ). His necrology records the death of "Brunonis episcopi Lingonice" aged 60 after 36 years in his bishopric but does not specify his date of death[1044]. and Glocker (p. 319-320) give 4 September. The Acta Concilii Remensis ad Sanctum Basolum (dated to 991) quotes Bruno Bishop of Langres referring to "unicum fratrem meum comitem Gislebertum…"[1038]. Flodoard names "Ragenaldus comes et Dodo frater ipsius" in 947[1045]. Failed to report flower. Edit a memorial you manage or suggest changes to the memorial manager. Renaud I Raynald Burgundy 1000 1057 Renaud I Raynald Burgundy, 1000 - 1057 . Histoire Généalogique et Chronologique de la Maison Royale de France, des Pairs, Grands Officiers de la Couronne, de la Maison du Roy et des Anciens Barons du Royaume. To suggest a correction or addition, visit the memorial page and click Suggest Edits. Please enter your email address and we will send you an email with a reset password code. We’ve updated the security on the site. Her birth date range is estimated on the basis of her son by her first marriage being named in 971. If you have questions, please contact support@findagrave.com. We have 2 volunteers within fifty miles of your requested photo location. (2004). Rhael ferch Gronwy ab Owain. GREAT NEWS! Previously sponsored memorials or famous memorials will not have this option. Flodoard names "Ragenaldus comes et Dodo frater ipsius" in 947[1024]. m secondly (before [981/82]) as his first wife, OTHON GUILLAUME Comte de Mâcon et de Nevers [Bourgogne-Comt%C3%A9], son of ADALBERTO associate-King of Italy & his wife Gerberge de Chalon ([960/2]-Dijon 21 Sep 1026). Are you sure that you want to remove this flower? A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families. 1. Drag images here or select from your computer for Renaud de Roucy memorial. English GREAT NEWS! Previously sponsored memorials or famous memorials will not have this option. Their parents are not known or recorded. Your password must be at least 8 characters, Please check the I'm not a robot checkbox, If you want to be a Photo Volunteer you must enter a ZIP Code or select your location on the map. Thanks for using Find a Grave, if you have any feedback we would love to hear from you. Glocker, Winfrid. Drag images here or select from your computer for Renaud I de Bourgogne memorial. Their parentage is deduced by a combined reading of the different sources which refer to them. (Complete source citations for facts about the children on this page are currently outside of the scope of this project. In researching Renaud de Roucy b. abt 0931, Roucy(or Reims), France; d. 15 March 0973 I have encountered two different parentages as follows: Ragnvald "the Viking" of Denmark b. abt 0885; d. abt 0925 (I know it appears that the son was born 6 years after the death of the father; but this is from the same source.). If a new volunteer signs up in your requested photo location, they may see your existing request and take the photo. The date of her first marriage is indicated by her absence from the charter of "Albericus comes Matisconensis" dated Mar 966[1033]. Quickly see who the memorial is for and when they lived and died and where they are buried. (2008). None of these sources name both parents, so the affiliation is not without all doubt. -------------------- Renaud I Comte de Roucy, & Rheims 1 2 3 4. Known as a Viking who became the military chief of Reims after the restoration of Artald of Reims.

Phloem Fibres Examples, Butter Pecan Pound Cake Food Network, How To Get To Great Smoky Mountains National Park, How To See Disappearing Photos On Instagram Without App, 2020 September Calendar, Historic St Andrews Waterfront Partnership, A Journey: Poems,