There is no charge for admission, but you may leave a donation in the box if you wish. The Saskatchewan Royal Museum was set up in the earliest part of the 20th century as the provincial museum of the Prairies. info@royalsaskmuseum.ca, Museum, Palaeontology / Archaeology, Indigenous, Gift / Souvenir, Exhibiting a life-size cast of the world’s largest T. rex, Scotty, the, virtual museum tours and online family activities​. Phone(s): The Saskatchewan Royal Museum was set up in the earliest part of the 20th century as the provincial museum of the Prairies. We quite enjoyed it. Some of the children really enjoyed the "The Age of Dinosaurs" section. The museum itself has numerous and diverse exhibits including their premiere exhibit called 150 for 150 which shows 150 species of plants and animals with a brief description of each. If it's the first nations exhibit was out of this world and the human impact portion makes a strong impact on those who would see it. When Noddings donated it to the Province of Saskatchewan, the stimulus for a provincial museum was born. My children were enthralled by the animals and everything especially the dinosaurs. Explore Saskatchewan and your world - the past, the present, and the future - as never before. The Royal Saskatchewan Museum (RSM) is inviting families to explore the province’s roaring history of dinosaurs, fossils and palaeontology from the … info@royalsaskmuseum.ca. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. It was set up to store living organisms that required conservation, such as birds and fishes. Our family of four (2 adults, a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old) decided to visit one weekday afternoon. Well worth your time. If you could only do one thing in Regina this is what I would recommend. * The Royal Saskatchewan Museum re-opens on July 17 with new hours, Friday to Monday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Visit their website for guidelines on visiting the museum, and to enjoy their virtual museum tours and online family activities . Latitude: 50.44044° N, Longitude: -104.6177° W, Phone: The museum has both visual and audio portions as well as excellent exhibits of animals and wildlife. There were also displays of other parts of the world, from the Arctic to the tropics. The royal Saskatchewan museum was one of the better museum so we have ever been to. The Admission was by donation. 306-787-2815 (Front Desk) | 306-798-8769 (Facility rental) | 306-757-5951 (The Museum Shop) | Gives a good history of the development of Saskatchewan. It was set up to store living organisms that required conservation, such as birds and fishes. Corner of Albert St and College Ave. The royal Saskatchewan museum was one of the better museum so we have ever been to. Royal Saskatchewan Museum: Saskatchewan museum - See 452 traveler reviews, 160 candid photos, and great deals for Regina, Canada, at Tripadvisor. In addition to living organisms, the Museum also included non-living items and replicas of the living ones. Kids can spend endless hours without getting board. 2445 Albert St, Regina. Part of the Wascana Centre Park area, the Royal Saskatchewan Museum is well worth a visit for anyone who is interested in natural history, prehistory, First Nations culture, and of course geology and paleontology. Interesting and educational. The displays were taken out during the World War I due to fear of vandalism and was stored elsewhere. Things to do near Royal Saskatchewan Museum, Ask gailb852 about Royal Saskatchewan Museum, Ask marleneb726 about Royal Saskatchewan Museum, Ask ransom007 about Royal Saskatchewan Museum, Ask Ka--Alberta about Royal Saskatchewan Museum, Ask joshay about Royal Saskatchewan Museum, Ask Fastphilad about Royal Saskatchewan Museum, Hotels near First Nations University of Canada, Royal Saskatchewan Museum: Tickets & Tours‎, Saskatchewan Science Centre: Tickets & Tours‎, Regina Floral Conservatory: Tickets & Tours‎. 306-787-2815 (Front Desk) | 306-798-8769 (Facility rental) | 306-757-5951 (The Museum Shop) | The 150 items are numbered on, what else, hockey pucks. Lots to see and do. Megamunch was the high light of the trip. The museum has both visual and audio portions as well as excellent exhibits of animals and wildlife. 1 review of Royal Saskatchewan Museum "WOW what a great museum in Regina! The day I went there was a parade in Regina and the parking lot of the museum was the staging area for the marchers so the parking was quite a mess. 2445 Albert St, Regina, SK S4P 4W7, Canada, Find hotel near Royal Saskatchewan Museum, Royal Saskatchewan Museum Address: 2445 Albert St, Regina, SK S4P 4W7, Canada, Royal Saskatchewan Museum Contact Number: +1-3067872815. The First Nations Exhibit was well done as well. Since 1906. The Royal Saskatchewan Museum (RSM) is a Canadian natural history museum in Regina, Saskatchewan.It was established in 1906 as the Provincial Museum after Charles Noddings found a large boulder with a carved face on it in the Beaver Hills area on December 25, 1905. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. These were very well done and we took many photos. I have frequently visited this museum with my grandchildren and really enjoyed all of the displays and dioramas. There is also a lovely lawn in front of the museum, so you can rest on the soft grass after exploring the life and time of the past days in Canada. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. more, This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC, Ways to Experience Royal Saskatchewan Museum, Historic Sites, Government Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks. In addition to living organisms, the Museum … Review of Royal Saskatchewan Museum Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile Came with little uns, haven't been here before, we stopped as a trip breaker-upper, admission was $20 or a 5 dollar donation per person, well worth it, I've paid that to get myself in the door of crappier places. My Family had never been there before. If a person looked closely, there were many little details like mice and hummingbirds tucked away in little corners of the displays. It is a treasure for the country and is also a popular tourist attraction.

What Bank Is Affiliated With Citibank?, Judges 6 Sermon, How To Make A Chair Slipcover Without Sewing, The Woodlands Weather Hourly, Mass Weddings Asia, Healthy Banana Bread Recipe, Samsung Note 10 Plus Case,