Uncover and stir in the sausage. Then toss in the mushrooms for a minute or 2 until they slightly cook down and look a little bit smaller. This was my first time using zucchini in this recipe and it turned out excellent! Add 1 1/2 cups chicken broth and gnocchi to the skillet. Allow sausage to cook for about 2-3 minutes, until turning golden brown, stir them around and then add in the minced garlic and continue to cook for a minute or two until garlic becomes fragrant. Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Your email address will not be published. When the sausage has cooled, I cook the slices so they get some crispy bits (everyone loves crispy bits!) I took Italian throughout college and retained very little of it unfortunately. Add in a little gnocchi, fluffy little potato pillows of perfection, and we were more than in business. Be sure to cook the thicker, more dense vegetables a little longer to make sure they are cooked through completely. I touched briefly on ways you could make this recipe your own but wanted to highlight some options you have when substituting ingredients. Speaking of delicious things, this simple skillet dinner is right up there. Remove the sausage from the pan and wipe away excess oil from the pan if needed. Begin to cook the sausage over medium-high heat until the sausage is lightly browned. Slice your sausage into thin rounds and add to the hot pan. It’s easy to be intimidated by this at first since it’s not as common of a pantry item as pasta, but I like to think of gnocchi as small, round pasta nuggets. With almost no prep and 4 minutes of cook time, this recipe could not be…. Slice the garlic sausage into 1/4-inch thick pieces. Add generous pinches of salt and pepper. The cooked gnocchi joins the party, as well as a good amount of basil. Mushrooms always go great in Italian dishes and I always have some on hand. Add in your cooked gnocchi and sausage, and allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes. Think of gnocchi like you would fettucine or rotini noodles, it can be swapped in and out of most Italian dishes that call for a type of pasta without much change to the recipe. Remove the sausage from the pan and wipe away excess oil from the pan if needed. Return the empty pan to the stove and add in the rest of the olive oil. For anyone who loves food, this is the best time of the year. On another cutting board, dice your onions and garlic and whatever other vegetables you would like to throw in. Once the zucchini has turned golden brown on both sides, and has soften remove from the pan and set aside in a large serving bowl. Fry the sausage slices until golden and crispy, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms to the sausage and keep cooking, stirring, for another 5 minutes. Now that we’ve mastered how to say it, let’s move on to what gnocchi actually is. Preheat the grill to medium heat. After the sausage has browned, I stir in those sweet-as-candy cherry tomatoes, and zucchini, as well as onions and garlic. I grilled up some Grimm’s Garlic Sausage, just so I could get things nice and smoky, then I let it cool down while I boiled some gnocchi. When the sausage has cooled, I cook the slices so they get some crispy bits (everyone loves crispy bits!) Cook for 5 minutes, until translucent. It takes the guesswork out of figuring out when and if they’re done cooking. I wanted  to add in a protein and I happened to have Trader Joes Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage. I do however feel pretty confident in being able to read and pronounce Italian words. Delicious recipes emailed to you every week! Return the italian sausage to the pan and pour in the gnocchi. Return your empty pan back to the stove again and add in the frozen cauliflower gnocchi.

Food Blog Example, Olias Of Sunhillow Story, Peanut Butter Benefits For Skin, How To Play Uilleann Pipes, Diners, Drive-ins And Dives Boston Italian, Vegetarian Italian Pasta Recipes, Side Business Ideas,