So hard to find nice vegetarian dishes for the slow cooker- thank you. Thanks Tricia! Sweet potatoes and pumpkin both get a lot of attention on T-day, but you’d be foolish to neglect their earthier cousin, butternut squash. If you have any questions or would like to work with me, please email at [email protected]. I love that this version is for the slow cooker. Here on ECV, you'll find hundreds of easy, straightforward, and (most importantly) delicious vegetarian recipes. Welcome to Happy Veggie Kitchen, a vegetarian food blog dedicated to easy meatless recipes that everyone can enjoy. What a beautiful dish! Roasted Brussels sprouts can make for a refreshing alternative to green bean casserole, and the bitter flavor of the sprouts really cuts through the richness of other Thanksgiving staples. If you click on these links and make a purchase, I may receive commission at no additional cost to you. Can’t wait to try it! Just use a jug or bowl and place the poppadoms standing up (if possible)and microwave for 1-2 minutes until puffed up. He cooked it week before last actually, I believe. These slow-cooker dinner rolls are a must-try. :) I loooove poppadoms, should definitely have got some of those too! Your post has been pinned to my Recipes from Tasty Tuesday board. Told you I’d changed! Really pleased you liked it :) Cauliflower would be great in this too! I also add garlic to it. Easy Paneer & Kidney Bean Coconut Curry | Ciao Veggie, 2 small onions (or 1 very large), chopped, 250g (8.8oz) baby plum or cherry tomatoes. I m glad I didn’t add extra salt! Learn how your comment data is processed. You probably didn’t know that slow-cooker stuffing was a thing until right now, though. The exact cooking time will depend on exactly how big you cut your potato chunks. I pinned this recipe, also put it in a file of TBC notations. Sign up to get recipes by email and get a FREE EBOOK - 10 Quick Vegetarian Dinners. It takes a ton of advance planning—as well as a significant commitment of time and money. Scalloped Potatoes & Ham. After it hit a few hundred, I finally cooked it and we were hooked. Creamy Slow Cooker Potato Soup. Absolutely, I think I would do it in a frying pan though rather than in the slow cooker – frozen spinach might just disintegrate in the slow cooker! Sounds great, I love garlic naan! If you don’t already have a slow cooker, consider it a worthwhile investment in Thanksgiving dinners to come. Now that you know it exists, you won’t be able to stop thinking about it. To start this sag aloo off, you’ll put the onions, garlic, spices and raw potato in the slow cooker for 60 to 90 minutes in a little bit of oil, without any other liquids. Cook and blend it ahead of time, then keep it warm until it’s time to serve. This was yum. This slow-cooker pumpkin pie cake kills two birds with one stone. I also add garlic to it. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Looks so yummy. Actually I’d just do it on the hob :) Boil the potatoes and then drain them, and add them to a frying pan with the spices and spinach. Also added some garlic and pepper. Glad you enjoyed it :) They’re meant to be soft but I wouldn’t say mushy? Slightly different spices though. We had it as a side dish alongside a curry and some naan bread but it’s good any way! Slow Cooker Baked Sweet Potatoes. I have made it countless times. This recipe was brilliant…….so easy to prepare and cook and the taste was outstanding. Allow to cook for 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours, stirring a couple times throughout. Creamy Slow Cooker Sausage and Potatoes. Your email address will not be published. Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Timer, Happy Veggie Tots Recipes (Baby & Toddler), Vegan Creamy Tomato & Roasted Garlic Soup ». :) The potatoes basically steam rather than boil, and 50ml is enough to give some steam – if you used too much water you’d end up with a big wet mess. Some links on this website are affiliate links. Now they will smell a little funky but trust me they’re good!! I wasn’t prepared to compromise on that and throw everything in raw, although some recipes do suggest doing so, I knew it wouldn’t have the taste I’m after. And then I saw your pic. I’ve been totally obsessed with spinach lately (much to the annoyance of my fiancé, who isn’t a fan – I know, I’m the worst girlfriend ever). Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale. Do you think this recipe would work with frozen spinach? Slow Cooker Potato Recipes. Glad you enjoyed it :). Hopefully, we’re all on the same page about never, ever cooking stuffing inside your turkey, since it means you need to cook the bird longer and will end up with dry meat. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/easy-slow-cooker-potato-soup Really pleased that you liked it as much as I did! The spices will become fragrant and the ginger, chili and garlic will start to cook and crisp. Saag paneer is my go-to dish when we get an Indian take away :) but I’m trying not to include cheese in EVERYTHING I post these days haha ;). I’m having a great time exploring your blog. I know it sounds weird!! possible to do it in the oven ? For example, a crockpot meal that uses sausage and potatoes would cost you a lot less than buying a full meal at a grocery store and having to throw everything into it. Thanks so much, really glad you enjoyed it! First, consider your Thanksgiving dinner budget and make a cooking schedule beforehand, taking into account how long different dishes will take to cook and what appliances you’ll need for each one. How to cook for vegetarians and meat-eaters, https://www.amuse-your-bouche.com/tag/slow-cooker/. If you would like to use one of my photos in your editorial content, please feel free to do so as long as a link back to my site is provided. Pinned it and making this for dinner. It’ll take a tiny bit more effort than doing it in the slow cooker but should still be pretty easy and taste great :). In fact, it is probably one of the easiest ways to cook inexpensive and healthy meals. I made this tonight to go along with chicken baked in Indian spices. By the way, the usual disclaimer: I have no idea how authentically Indian this recipe is. Made this last night and really loved it. Slow cooker curries can lack depth and authenticity, unless the onions, garlic and spices are fried before being transferred to the slow cooker. “Lacks a protein…” Oh, by the way, it’s vegan too! Equally, I rather begrudge pre-cooking when I’m making a slow cooker recipe! It was just as easy as you promised. Sure, you could just heat a can of candied sweet potatoes and put its contents on the table. But I have been converted!! If you’d rather have it on its own, you could always stir in some tinned chickpeas for the last hour or so of cooking time. Enter: slow-cooker Thanksgiving dishes, guaranteed to make your meal prep quicker and easier and your final product even more delicious. They are way healthier too :D, Try it next time with just one and see what you think :), Haha! I just came across this recipe and can’t wait to make this! What a clever idea x, My Husband cooks this dish regularly. I love Thanksgiving, but even I admit that putting together such a huge meal can be a little stressful. Or, if you’re having the sag aloo as the main dish, it’s just a very easy dinner. Cathy But, it does the job – it’s easy to make, it’s healthy, and it tastes great – so I don’t really think I mind either way. Oh I just spotted this reply! This tasty butternut squash slow-cooker stuffing just might be the perfect dish. We tend to have curry-Saturdays since he bought that book. I’m sure it would! Definitely a winner. Tasted amazing. Luckily, I’ve found the best of both worlds. It has not been repinned over 800 times. Then you add the liquid ingredients, and the potatoes will cook through. :), I make aloo palak in slow cooker as well. The flavor in this dish is incredible, if I do say so myself. Join our mailing list for new recipe updates! Thanks! Just wondered if you think this would work with vegan sausage added for the protien. Leave cooking for another 2 to 3 hours, until the potatoes are tender. Love canned cranberry sauce? We will be using it again and passing it on. We had ours alongside a curry and some naan bread – it was a bit of a feast but it was awesome. I’m Christine. I’m making it today for the first time, with the chickpeas! I have a few other slow cooker recipes too :) https://www.amuse-your-bouche.com/tag/slow-cooker/. This process is essential to getting the right flavor. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. My boyfriend and I made this tonight and absolutely loved it! I personally love to serve this alongside a tomato based dish such as this easy paneer curry, but it would also work as a main dish with some naan bread and rice! I’m kinda burned out on chick peas. **adds to meal plan** I’ve been fancying some palak paneer, but this will make a great lunch (or dinner) any day. Now, all you’ve got to do is decide which slow-cooker Thanksgiving dishes you’ll rely on this year! When I read the title I thought , ‘surely that delicate spinach will over cook’. :). Instant Pot Method : I'd suggest using an instant pot if you have one. Hmm these look delicious, thanks for posting up this recipe, looks quite simple to make. Since this dish lacks a protein element, it’s often served as a side dish. Top with a couple of big handfuls of fresh spinach – however much you can easily fit in your slow cooker. Hi there, just wondering what if for those who doesnt own a slow cooker ( like me :P) any alterntaive ways of slow cooking it? Your email address will not be published. The spinach will quickly start to wilt so be sure to give it a stir to get everything mixed together once that starts to happen. My Indian partner even like it, and he’s hard to please :), Ooooh that really is a compliment, thank you!! Don’t have time to bake a bunch of different desserts? Drizzle warm maple syrup with pecans on top if you want to go the extra mile. It’s so easy and tasty. Didn’t realize you needed slow-cooker pumpkin spice hot chocolate? Hi Becca, this looks delicious. Required fields are marked *. I love aloo saag, but have only ever eating it at restaurants. Yep it’s enough! Saag aloo isn’t tricky to make at the best of times, but I decided to make it even more super simple (read: for lazy people) by using my slow cooker. I just want to tell you how much I enjoyed this recipe– it was so good! This recipe sounds delish. Looks so yummy. Thank you for linking up at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ll let you know how it turns out :) Thank You for a nice easy peasy vegetarian slow cooker meal!

Alpen Bar Strawberry & Yogurt, Whitby Castle Wedding, Best K-cups 2020, Boss Hogs Menu Greensboro, Nc, How Many Liters In A Half Gallon, News Anchor Course Fees, Search By Image, Charlotte Gardens, Bronx Homes For Sale, Black Pump Bottles Wholesale,