For the vegan/vegetarian pie filling, you will need the following ingredients; The vegan pie filling is made in a large skillet. If you have been following, then you will see that I have recently posted a creamy spinach and mushroom linguine recipe, which received a lot of attention. Sprinkle with mozzarella. I just bought the mushrooms and cottage cheese so I’m good to go. So glad I came across the recipee. Thank you, Please check your inbox to confirm subscription, How to boost your immune system naturally ». Whisked it real well. Ok so it may not look like the spinach pie you might remember from a bakery, a stuffed dough with spinach it, but it is a delicious spinach “pie”. This recipe seemed easy, with not too much cleanup, but I didn’t have nutmeg, mozzarella or cottage cheese. Yum. This recipe is completely and utterly delicious! You can leave it out, it goes well with greens like spinach. But instead of using cottage cheese I used sour cream and out some butter into it, and I had jalapeño cheese instead of mozzarella. Thank you for a great recipe. My vegan and vegetarian pie recipe is packed full of creamy mushrooms and spinach which makes it a healthier pie filling than your standard meat pie. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry mushrooms on a high heat until golden. I have this sitting and it smells delicious! Good Food Deal Have you heard about the benefits of Reishi Mushrooms? This spinach pie is a cross between a quiche and custard. love this recipe…i made it for the third time today and got the prep time down to 38 minutes…just sayin’ (10 minutes if you have peeps getting all the ingredients together and measured…maybe) , So I had a 16oz package of fresh baby spinach that was about to turn and about 7 or 8 ounces of baby bella mushrooms that were about to get too slimy. Super love to you and this recipe!!! Beautiful and delicious! You could use milk or light cream to sub the heavy cream. I can’t wait to try it. 9 inch Pie dish– This is a nice deep dish skillet that can also be used to make sweet pies like my, chocolate cream pie. Turned it into more of a casserole, size-wise, so I baked it in a Pyrex 7-1/2 x 11 baking dish. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You could try pressing and squeezing the cooked spinach and mushrooms in a clean dish towel. Thanks for a recipe I’ll definitely make again and again. Wilt spinach in a colander by pouring a kettleful of hot water over it. It even tastes nice in a coffee or a smoothie! Learn how your comment data is processed. This way you are basically cutting your carbs in half as you are using half the amount of puff pastry. However, this delicious meatless pie will also keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and can be reheated in the oven or microwave. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden. I like how I can whip up a batch of these and have them ready for future meals. You’ll have that early in order to go  food shopping before the meal plan begins on Sunday. Made it last night and it is delicious. Ham goes well with spinach and mushrooms and nutmeg. Get the Cooks Professional Espresso Maker for just £39.99, Choose the type of message you'd like to post, Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. I had mushrooms that were needing to be cooked and I decided they could pick them out if they wanted to, but guess what? I’m loving this recipe. […] Crustless Mushroom Spinach Pie at Sugar Free Mom […], […] Crustless Mushroom Spinach Pie by Sugar-Free Mom – The only vegetarian meal my meat loving family will eat without complaint. I saved this to ZipList, but the pic didn’t post in ZipList. Thank you! Result: fan-freaking-tastic. In 8 simple steps here is how I made this simple vegan mushroom pie; For an extra mushroomy taste, I added a teaspoon of this Reishi mushroom powder. It didn’t win over my kids but I will certainly add this into our meal rotation. I’ve made this twice and it comes out perfectly. And so filling! Your email address will not be published. Check out some more plant-based mushroom recipes: Thank you for reading, I hope you have enjoyed this recipe. Join 100,000 others and receive my Best Recipes straight to your inbox! No matter how much I try to get the excess out before baking it turns out “watery.” Wondering if you have any suggestions? Learn how your comment data is processed. So I decided to use similar ingredients in my pot pie. Pour into a pie dish and allow to cool for a few mins. It’s a hearty pie! I would also love to see what you have made, so please don’t forget to #tag me in your posts on Instagram: @Simply_healthy_vegan, Please support me by sharing this post. Whether you are looking for something warm and satisfying to make while isolating or you are looking to make some tasty yet healthy comfort food. I had to put it in a casserole dish, it would have over flowed my pie dish. A new friend here. It was divine! Thank you! I chose to just place the puss pastry over the top of the ramekins, instead of lining the dish. What if I doubled the recipe, put in a 13 x 9 pan. I will be making again. It is a hearty pie! I will still make it either way because it’s one of my favorites . Since I like to cook casseroles with the protein (meat) and vegies all in one dish, I tried this once exactly as written but added 2 C. chopped ham, and used a casserole dish to accommodate the additions. Baking sheet pan– For all your baking needs and to use in this recipe as a platform for the pie dish, just in case any spillage happens. This recipe might contain a few different basic ingredients, but thats what makes it so delicious. I don’t think I’ve ever tried reishi mushrooms so I’ll have to check if I can get those here. Fine Mesh Strainer– This comes in handy when you need to drain any sort of frozen veggie, in this case, the spinach. […], Your email address will not be published. Brush filo with remaining oil, quarter sheets then loosely scrunch up and lay on top of pie filling. I made this tonight. The uses for this organic superfood are endless. Thanks! Thanks for a versatile and yummy recipe! Grease a 9 inch pie plate then sprinkle parmesan all around to coat plate. Nutrition info listed is for 1 piece. Now saved to my food folder favorites. Thaw frozen spinach and drain, squeeze out as much water as possible. Allow the pie to rest for about 5 minutes before cutting. Drain spinach/mushroom mixture in a colander. I definitely will make this again. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. What substitutions would you suggest for the heavy cream and would egg beaters or maybe egg whites work out ok? This looks so good! Add garlic and cook for 1 min, then tip in stock, mustard, nutmeg and potatoes. Christian. The main bulk of the ingredients is mushrooms, so if you are a big mushroom fan, like myself then you will love this recipe! This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. Filed Under: Entrees, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Keto, Low Carb, Nut Free, Sugar Free, Vegetarian Tagged With: clean eating spinach pie, crustless spinach pie, meatless monday spinach pie. Pour into pie dish. It’s a pretty hearty piece of  pie that can stand alone without a pie crust, but if you truly want a fabulous keto pie crust, try my coconut flour pie crust. Each Friday you will get a meal plan that comes to your email. Add garlic … You could use egg beaters as well. In a bowl, whisk eggs then add cream and cottage cheese and stir well. Chicken and Mushroom Pie Krumpli puff pastry, salt, black pepper, mushrooms, spinach, dried thyme and 7 more LEEK & MUSHROOM PIE Georgie Eats mushrooms, olive oil, fresh parsley, gluten free flour, nutritional yeast and 10 more Told my girlfriend not to expect too much, this will probably not be that great. We had some asparagus left over, so I cut that up and added to the mushroom spinach mix. Even my carnivore hubby enjoyed it. I like to use fresh herbs when I cook as I love to grow my own. I seasoned the spinach with basil and thyme salt and pepper and some red pepper flakes. Smells yummy! Absolutely delicious. I’m not a fan of cottage cheese, is there a substitute for it? But I must tell you this before you skip them, my kids HATE, LOATH and generally don’t try anything with mushrooms in a recipe. The husband scarfed down three helpings. This looks divine! Seemed too wet to put in a pie pan, so I put two portions into long skinny baking dishes, to get more crust. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Omg this was amazing. Thanks, Brenda. Didn’t fit in a 9″ pie pan. I’d start with 1 cup and then mix it up and see if you still have enough liquid in the crust, if you do add another 1/2 cup or cup. creamy spinach and mushroom linguine recipe, grow your own herbs and veggies from kitchen scraps, Healthy and Loaded with mushroom and spinach, Comfort food at its finest, warm and hearty, A delicious Vegan and vegetarian pie recipe, Free from dairy, meatless and of course…it is vegan, Contains Reishi mushrooms which have many added health benefits, Melt the butter and sauté the onion and garlic until soft (around 2-3 mins). Low Carb. I pinned it to try later!

Gore Vidal American Plastic, Basudevpur Mla List, Stages Of Brain Development, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Chapter 8, Pennsylvania Wood Cockroach Vs American Cockroach, National Scottish Mythical Creatures, Wheelchair Friendly Places To Visit,