Die Melodie stammt vom Amateurmusiker und Angestellten des Standesamtes Edinburgh James Miller sowie dem Musiker Stephen Clarke. Eine Abschrift der Melodie wurde an Niel Gow weitergereicht, der sie 1788 in seiner Liedersammlung A Collection of Strathspey Reels unter dem Titel The Caledonian Hunt’s Delight veröffentlichte. Der Text stammt von Robert Burns. Thou'll break my heart, thou bonnie bird, That sings upon the bough; Thou minds me o' the happy days When my fause luve was true. YE flowery banks o' bonnie Doon, How can ye blume sae fair! The banks o’Doon oder Ye banks and braes o’ bonnie Doon (deutsch „die Ufer des Doon“) ist ein schottisches Volkslied (Traditional). How can ye chant, ye little birds,    And I sae fu' o' care! [2] Its melodic schema was also used for Phule Phule Dhole Dhole, a song by Bengali poet Rabindranath Tagore. Daraufhin überarbeitete Burns seine ursprüngliche Version, die dann 1792 in Johnsons Liedersammlung Scots Musical Museum erschien. Thou'll break my heart, thou warbling bird, That wantons thro' the flowering thorn! Die Entstehungsgeschichte des Liedes ist in einem Brief von Robert Burns an den schottischen Musiker George Thomson vom November 1794 beschrieben.[1]. ‘The Banks o’ Doon’: A Poem by Robert Burns A short song, ‘Ye Banks an’ Braes o’ Bonnie Doon’ (also known as ‘The Banks o’ Doon’) is a Robert Burns poem about looking at the natural world while one is full of worries and cares because one’s love has been untrue. Burns wrote three versions of the song, all published in 1791. This poem has not been translated into any other language yet. Thou'll break my heart, thou bonnie bird, That sings beside thy mate; For sae I sat, and sae I sang, Der Text stammt von Robert Burns. "The Banks O' Doon" ( Modern Scots: The Banks o Doon) is a Scots song written by Robert Burns in 1791, sometimes known as "Ye Banks and Braes" (after the opening line of the third version). Burns set the lyrics to an air called The Caledonian Hunt's Delight. Although the Consistorial court found the marriage claim valid, the Court of Session decided the marriage claim failed, but found McDouall to be the father of Kennedy's daughter and ordered that he pay £3,000 to Kennedy's estate and provide for the child. [2] Bei einer Diskussion über die Schönheit schottischer Lieder brachte Miller seinen Wunsch zum Ausdruck, selbst eines zu schreiben. Ye banks and braes o' bonie Doon, How can ye bloom sae fresh and fair? [4][5] (Burns wrote a second poem about Peggy, whom he had met when she was 18 - Young Peggy Blooms.[5]). How can ye chant, ye little birds, And I sae fu' o' care! Burns sandte sein Gedicht 1791 an den Musikverleger James Johnson mit der Bitte, eine dazu passende Melodie zu finden. YE flowery banks o' bonnie Doon,    How can ye blume sae fair! Miller, der diesen Ratschlag wörtlich nahm, komponierte innerhalb weniger Tage eine rudimentäre Melodie, die dann von Clarke in die endgültige Form mit pentatonischer Tonleiter gebracht wurde. Wi' lightsome heart I pu'd a rose    Upon its thorny tree; But my fause luver staw my rose,    And left the thorn wi' me. "MCDOUALL, Andrew (1758-1834), of Culgroat, Wigtown", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Banks_O%27_Doon&oldid=983256017, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 13 October 2020, at 05:40. Wi' lightsome heart I pu'd a rose    Upon a morn in June; And sae I flourish'd on the morn,    And sae was pu'd or' noon. Clarke erwiderte halb scherzhaft, dass man dazu nur die schwarzen Tasten der Klaviatur betätigen und einen gewissen Rhythmus bewahren müsse. Januar 2014 um 19:08 Uhr bearbeitet. Burns set the lyrics to an air called The Caledonian Hunt's Delight. There is no comment submitted by members.. © Poems are the property of their respective owners. Aft hae I roved by bonnie Doon,    To see the woodbine twine; And ilka bird sang o' its luve,    And sae did I o' mine. Kennedy sued for a declarator of marriage, but died prior to adjudication of the case. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes to benefit site visitors, and is provided at no charge... Recite this poem (upload your own video or voice file). Die Melodie diente als Ausgangspunkt für das Stück Phule Phule Dhole Dhole aus Rabindranath Tagores Oper Kal Mrigaya (später Teil der Oper Valmiki-Pratibha). Thou'll break my heart, thou bonnie bird,    That sings upon the bough; Thou minds me o' the happy days    When my fause luve was true. The banks o’Doon oder Ye banks and braes o’ bonnie Doon (deutsch „die Ufer des Doon“) ist ein schottisches Volkslied (Traditional). The Banks O' Doon. Diese Seite wurde zuletzt am 31. "The Banks O' Doon" (Modern Scots: The Banks o Doon) is a Scots song written by Robert Burns in 1791,[1] sometimes known as "Ye Banks and Braes" (after the opening line of the third version). Thou'll break my heart, thou bonnie bird,    That sings beside thy mate; For sae I sat, and sae I sang,    And wistna o' my fate. Johnson schlug The Caledonian Hunt’s Delight vor, vorausgesetzt, dass zu jedem zweiten Vers zwei Silben hinzugefügt würden. Thou minds me o' departed joys, Departed never to return. [3], https://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Banks_o’Doon&oldid=127071317, „Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike“. Robert Burns's 1783 poem, The Banks O' Doon, commemorates the river Doon (nothing directly to do with the word dune, please, though there is a subtle etymological connection), known in Scots Gaelic as Abhainn Dhùin, which flows from Loch Doon to the Firth of Clyde in Ayrshire. Read poems about / on: rose, june, fate, happy, tree, heart, The Banks O' Doon Poem by Robert Burns - Poem Hunter, Poem Submitted: Saturday, January 4, 2003. How can ye chant, ye little birds, And I sae weary fu' o' care! [3], The song was inspired by the story of Margaret (Peggy) Kennedy (1766—95), who was seduced and then abandoned by Andrew McDouall, the son of a wealthy family and sometime Member of Parliament for Wigtonshire. 2.

San Juan National Forest Covid, Taylor Swift Natural Hair, Benefits Of Giving Birth In Norway, Beatrice Ii, Countess Of Burgundy, Cpim West Bengal Latest News, 2015 Trending Songs, Kfc Family Meals, Pickwick Tea Melon, Primary Vs Secondary Attack Rate, Symphony Sumo Jr,