Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Forum discussion: Just got the G3100 and noticed it says USB 3.0 - what can actually be attached to router ? 01:45 PM #3 Made sure that my primary NAT router was in a different subnet from the Actiontec GT784WNV. - edited I have run other routers with MoCA adapters for many years but I decided to purchase the Verizon G3100 because it is a powerful device that fully supports all of Verizon's features -- one important feature is that streaming video from Verizon's TV boxes (VOD) does not count against your rate plan's capacity whereas it does count against your data pipe bandwidth if you use your own equipment. NAT is not required, as this is just basic routing. With that said, I have tried both methods and neither works. 06:29 AM. The USB port still can only be used for charging devices. The title of the post is not "Looking for a way to get port forwarding with Verizon Fios". By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. G3100 / 2nd LAN Router / Connectivity Issues, Re: G3100 / 2nd LAN Router / Connectivity Issues, Unable to find your answer here? Firmware updates are performed automatically by Verizon. I have an older WD My Cloud which is also NAS and I have an app on my phone and computer to manage it. But also being a new device, is does just have better hardware overall for handling more devices and processing data traffic. But also being a new device, is does just have better hardware overall for handling more devices and processing data traffic. I would say the remaining issue is a stateful firewall problem due to asymetric routing. #6 Set up the route trick in primary NAT router and connected the WAN port of the converted router to one of the other LAN ports of the Actiontec GT784WNV. ‎07-15-2020 Looked through the manual some sort of option, but nothing made sense. And I do not know a whole lot about your EdgeRouter. The g3100 can work over coax the same as the g1100. 252 0 obj <> endobj 274 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<2E471DA3B3EC4CCE82F38F251D8C0691>]/Index[252 34]/Info 251 0 R/Length 105/Prev 352872/Root 253 0 R/Size 286/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream Make sure you test with a … None of that is the issue. I'm hoping to attach an external USB hard drive to my network for backups (Mac Time Machine). Page 56 uSing nEtWoRk SEttingS • Port Forwarding - Port Forwarding allows your network to be exposed to the internet in specific limited and controlled ways. Please note: Since I am not sure if I used the right term or not, that is why I am providing that example of what I meant by that. Either way, look beyond the vz routers. ex Actiontec GT784WNV at 192.168.1.1 and primary NAT router at 192.168.2.1, #4 Converted another router to act as a Hub/Switch/Wap within the same LAN subnet of the primary router outside of the DHCP Range and DHCP in it disabled. Logs on the G3100 show no obvious issues. #2 Put the Actiontec GT784WNV into bridge mode per directions and left the LAN IP alone of it alone. While checking that, I recognized I was making a mistake in the configuration -- I was not leaving the Source Port at the correct setting of ANY. If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" b) without knowing the specific reason / rationale for why said OP did their network that way, why is there a need for them to change / "fix" anything?Yes, a flat network with a single subnet is simplest from a KISS perspective, but OP did not volunteer the reason that lead them to this, nor did anyoneask why they set it up this way. The USB port still can only be used for charging devices. What would NAT Loopback (hairpinning) have to do with this? Follow Reddiquette, learn something new, and enjoy some blazing fast FiOS. I'm hoping to attach an external USB hard drive to my network for backups (Mac Time Machine). To add more detail about the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter - it's only acting as a router, no firewall, no NAT, no QoS, no DHCP, no DNS, or anything else besides basic routing. I'll mark it as SOLVED when it is really SOLVED. Cookies help us deliver our Services. For General Information related to verizon, feel free to stop by /r/verizon. As for improvements, it's wifi 6 capable and has greater range. Just wondering if you found any workaround or tricks to get it working. This problem is not solved. If you do not unmark it as SOLVED I will create a new ticket with the same information all over again. I'm with seaquake - sounds like a bad Ethernet cable, connector or port. Super confusing naming -- horrible user interface design. Post 13 and 14 from https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Router-G3100-Port-and-port-forwarding/m-p/897934#M80848. As for improvements, it's wifi 6 capable and has greater range. - edited With a busy tech family at home in the time of COVID-19 this is a nice feature. Ok, I think I get it. Try searching, Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines. The ONT device is between the G3100 and the "Internet", it's all installed by Verizon as their standard and I haven't changed any of that. ‎07-15-2020 Now it works! Also I heard/read (REF = Another thread at DSLR Re: Access to modem combo while in bridge mode ) that instead of two NAT routers, a Dual WAN port router will work.Q: Is that true you ask what I was told?A: Unless I convert a computer into acting as a a NAT router, I can not tell you because all of my RJ-45 WAN port NAT routers only have one WAN port. Hopefully that clears up my layout. DSLR (dslreports.com) -> Forums -> Broadband and Networking -> Networking -> No NAT with two routers... Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines. ‎07-18-2020 1 x WAN; 4 x LAN (I really wish Verizon would offer 8 ports, we’re in a smart homeworld) Coax (supports MoCa 2.5) 1 x USB 3.0; DC In Power Port; A few notes. I found a number of posts on this topic but they are quite old and some say Verizon is "working" on this problem. And since they have FIOS, that will not cause issues if they have FIOS TV? b) Set it's LAN IP Address with the same Subnet as the primary but outside of the DHCP Range of the Primary router's DHCP Range. Since the lowest possible firewall setting did not work and DMZ did, from the firewall page go to Access Control. But if you buy a Verizon one then you don't need the MoCA adapter. 11:16 AM I'd like to know if my problems are caused by my settings or if the router has a problem. Was able to better isolate an issue I've been having for weeks, and now reproducible. Unfortunately it didn't work and we had to keep the previous router. ‎07-20-2020 All on-topic posts will be accepted, even those which may put Verizon in a negative light. Thanks for the reply. For example with the primary IP Address 192.168.2.1 with the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, the first DHCP Address that it handles out is 192.168.2.100 and the last DHCP Address that it handles out is 192.168.2.254 - then the other router's LAN IP Address could be 192.168.2.6. c) Disable the DHCP Server in the second RJ-45 WAN port NAT router. ‎05-28-2020 Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I have no idea if this will fix your problem, or even exactly what you need to do, but I saw a post a while back about someone having trouble with port forwarding and they had to disable the "Media Prioritization" function on the router. - edited After much troubleshooting and initially thinking the issue was the EdgeRouter, this appears to be some sort of routing issue on the G3100. I just gave up on a work around and used another router to do the port forwarding. Here's some info to help you obtain USB drivers for your mobile device. ‎05-28-2020 02:33 PM. The WAN port of the G3100 is connected to the LAN port of the EdgeRouter. You wont need a service call to upgrade to the new router. Like other poster said you can also configure a Verizon router to work as a MoCA adapter as well. I found a number of posts on this topic but they are quite old and some say Verizon is "working" on this problem. The G3100 does not see the return traffic and as a result the firewall will drop the connection after the TCP 'new connection' state expires because no return traffic allows the G3100 to turn it into an established connection. 2 people found this solution to be helpful. For General Information related to verizon, feel free to stop by /r/verizon. As described earlier, I have validated that this is an issue when traffic goes through the G3100, because if I add a route statement on LAN 1 workstations to bypass the G3100 for LAN 2 connectivity, and route directly through the 2nd router, I do not experience the issue.

Spider Plant Turning Brown, Elves Arrive At Helm's Deep, How To Sing Together On Teams Without Lag, Sopron, Hungary Map, Uk To Maldives Flight Time, 2021 Porsche Cayenne Price, Copper Canyon Silver Spring Menu, Movies About Founding Fathers, Select Physical Therapy Reviews,